Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 ML 500
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replacing front brakes on ML500. I can get Mercedes OEM brake pads and rotors from a Mercedes dealer for about the price as Zimmermann Z-Coated rotors and Akebono Euro Ceramic pads which, from searching forum, Zim/Akebono is a good setup but there are some concerns for cold weather use with ceramic pads. I mostly will be driving in winter mountain conditions (mag chloride, road salt and long steep grades). Which would I be better off with for my conditions?

·
Registered
1998 ML320 (W163)
122 Posts
I have ceramic pads on my 98 ML320, I've noticed that when it's cold outside if I drag the brakes for about 30 seconds at cruising speed (50 or 60) it warms the brakes up nicely for use (if you drive it hard like I drive mine). Then again this is my case and it usually doesn't get below 25°F where I live, and when it does it's only in the middle of the night for a couple of hours.

·
Registered
1999 ML430
1,503 Posts
Great combination !

I have this exact combination on both my W163's......one a 1999 ML430 and the other a 2003 ML55......nothing but praise for this set up, and on sale too with free shipping from autohaus !!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts