Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

301 - 305 of 305 Posts

·
Registered
GLE350 / 2017, E350 coupe / 2014, SL500 / 1997
108 Posts
So I managed to remove the radio and the Heater/AC controls. What cluster did you remove. The Mic cable was in the "Glove box" attached to the useless cell phone, which I had removed. I spent several hours trying to get the cable, with extension, from the "Glove box" down to the radio. Finally gave up and put everything back together, and left the Mic cable and extension in the "Glove box". There has got to be an easy, or at least workable way to run the cord down to the radio. Can anyone out there help!
Did you take out the glove box (actually it is the sunglass storage)? I did that, only 2 screws in the back of the sunglass storage. Once that one is out, it is easy to push it down and fish it from the radio side. I did that while waiting to receive my new radio. I have ordered my new radio, it is waiting for me to pick it up during my next trip to Europe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1997 SL 320 19.5K miles when purchased 11/2019
10 Posts
I took the two screws out, and that loosened the sunglasses storage. It didn't want to come out, at least the right side where the release button is located didn't. I might could have forced it, but forcing something that you are not familiar with often leads to breakage! Anyhow, I was able to get the left side out far enough to snake the Mic wire down to where I could grab it in the radio hole. Then, 2 minutes later, everything was done. I know that I didn't need to go to that level of detail since the car is only driven on warm, sunny days, but I just felt that the job wasn't complete until everything that was supposed to be installed and attached, was. Thanks all for the help and guidance to a new older MB owner!

·
One of the BW Old Guard/R129, W204 Moderator
1997 SL500- 40th Anniversary
7,162 Posts
Instrument cluster. Gives a bit more room to work and route the mic cable...
So I managed to remove the radio and the Heater/AC controls. What cluster did you remove. The Mic cable was in the "Glove box" attached to the useless cell phone, which I had removed. I spent several hours trying to get the cable, with extension, from the "Glove box" down to the radio. Finally gave up and put everything back together, and left the Mic cable and extension in the "Glove box". There has got to be an easy, or at least workable way to run the cord down to the radio. Can anyone out there help!

·
Registered
1997 SL 320 19.5K miles when purchased 11/2019
10 Posts
"Ears", Thanks for the reply. Got 'er done! Now to figure out how to get Sirius/XM in.

301 - 305 of 305 Posts