Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 287 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received and installed my Continental head unit TR7412UB-OR.
If you want to keep the factory OEM look to your R129 but want the convenience of Bluetooth and aux imput and hands free calling, I highly highly recommend this unit. Especially the price and plug and play installation! It literally took me 45 minutes from start to finish, and that was mostly removing the old Becker and routing the Bluetooth microphone just how I wanted it. The unit plays music from my iPhone via Bluetooth flawlessly. It pairs immediately and the phone calls are clear as could be! The unit has the same backlight color and display as OEM and you would never know it was aftermarket.
I had looked around for a while but just did not want some neon blue gawdy aftermarket stereo that looked like a 15 year old kid bought from BestBuy
Anyway, just an option for you guys looking
Dr Swiger

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just lucked across it on the web. Took a couple weeks from overseas but very happy with it. Plugs right in

·
Registered
306 Posts
I received mine 2 days ago however the car is still in storage until May1st. Was it actually plug&play with all the connections? What about the mounting frame? Was it just a slip in? How about a picture of your remote mic mounting location?

For those interested in this radio, eBay. Continental TR7412UB or MP3 Autoradio M Bluetooth USB Aux in 12V Radio FM Tuner | eBay

FYI, this is a rather new radio. I believe it was released late 2015.

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Continental makes several versions of this head unit, from a very basic one with just radio functions to one with CD and Bluetooth.

These are especially nice for older MBs txt you want to preserve the look of the console with yet have more modern functions.

Do understand that they do not have USB connectivity functions for things like iPods or iPhones, but they do have excellent Bluetooth capabilities. Also, there are 12VDC and 24VDC models as well, so if you order one be sure to get the correct voltage.

I know a couple of people who have bought them and been very pleased. Here is a source in Germany that will ship them to the US for about $35:

Continental TR7412UB-OR - MP3-Autoradio mit Bluetooth / USB / AUX-IN - Autoradios - caraudio24.de

Here is a link to the English owner's manual:

http://www.continental-automotive.com/www/download/automotive_de_en/themes/commercial_vehicles/ch_interior_en/audio_products/download_channel/TR7412UB_OR_en.pdf

When I get my W126 all sorted out I'm buying one for it to replace the ugly aftermarket head unit that is currently installed in the car.

Dan

·
Outstanding Contributor
855 Posts
When I installed Bluetooth hands free in my SL I put the iPhone charger/connection port and microphone in the central sunglasses storage compartment. When I make/receive a call I flip open the storage lid.

I guess I don't like to see too much tech clutter in my SL.

I like the look and spec of the Continental unit. I might be tempted to buy one. I'm happy with my Alpine iDA-X305S, and I get full iPod/Phone control but the Bluetooth adapter can be temperamental.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I generally like factory original but that is one radio that would be great. It really looks good in the car.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
That looks fantastic. Given the snafu I'm still working out w/my Kenwood's HF Bluetooth, I very well may replace it w/one of these.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Is this compatible with the BOSE subwoofers?

I've been looking for a replacement radio for a long time.

·
Premium Member
4,164 Posts
hint: If your SL has a mic from the dealer installed phone and CD (which most did) AND the radio has a std mini phone plug just plug in the mic from the car into the radio. That's what I did on my SL with the Parrot bluetooth/ipod/usb adapter.

don't need to find a place to mount another mic, and the factory mic is very high quality for sound.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes to both questions. The unit is plug and play and the factory sub and antenna are no issue at all

1 - 20 of 287 Posts
About this Discussion
286 Replies
65 Participants
Quattro80
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing