Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I tried searching but the search gave me some kind of ASP error, so I apologize if this topic has been discussed before.

I'm looking for a place online that sells OEM Mercedes trim pieces. Specifically the trim that goes on the bottom of the tailgate, just above the bumper. This is a 2003 ML500. I talked to the dealer, but their price seemed a bit excessive.

Thanks,
Simon.

·
Registered
2000 ML430
657 Posts
Simon A - 3/23/2005 8:58 AM

Hey guys, I tried searching but the search gave me some kind of ASP error, so I apologize if this topic has been discussed before.

I'm looking for a place online that sells OEM Mercedes trim pieces. Specifically the trim that goes on the bottom of the tailgate, just above the bumper. This is a 2003 ML500. I talked to the dealer, but their price seemed a bit excessive.

Thanks,
Simon.
www dot for my mercedes dot com

·
Registered
2001 ML320
276 Posts
onesixthree - 3/24/2005 12:19 AM

for my merc doesnt carry oem parts. try kraft motors on parts.com
Actually www . for my mercedes . com does carry the OEM Filler Panel. Just received mine today in a genuine MB box.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
peid - 8/30/2005 10:37 AM

onesixthree - 3/24/2005 12:19 AM

for my merc doesnt carry oem parts. try kraft motors on parts.com
Actually www . for my mercedes . com does carry the OEM Filler Panel. Just received mine today in a genuine MB box.
As far as I can tell, Jerry doesn't carry stock of many of the OEM parts he sells. And why would he? Dealers don't carry stock of slow moving items - like that tailgate filler panel. When I got mine from a dealer it was special-ordered from the factory. Jerry does get parts for a decent discount, and as such it's worth buying many parts from him.

·
Registered
2003 ML500 Sport
64 Posts
If you know the part number and it is an OEM part you probably can do better than Jerry. Nothing against the guy, but some of his prices are too high. In all honesty, there are somethings that he has that you can't find a better price/quality ratio(I have ordered from him BTW) but there a better options for most items.(Especially OEM Items). Using Parts.com for most orders(assuming 6% local sales tax rate) you can get any OEM part for 18% off list with shipping included in the price. You get a 100% MB item from a MB dealer so no worries about authenticity.

Regards,
Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts