Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 200
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of whether MB has any OEM Xenon upgrade kits for our model as yet? Problem was when i bought my car in Asia, the Xenon option cost me USD$6500 as it was a bi-xenon headlight with some special feature that follows the direction your car is turning.

I just wanted a simple xenon headlamp and they didnt have it available. Do any of you have that problem?

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,429 Posts
cablesurge said:
Anyone know of whether MB has any OEM Xenon upgrade kits for our model as yet? Problem was when i bought my car in Asia, the Xenon option cost me USD$6500 as it was a bi-xenon headlight with some special feature that follows the direction your car is turning.

I just wanted a simple xenon headlamp and they didnt have it available. Do any of you have that problem?
I believe yes and no for the problem, I don't have a problem with xenons, had them from the factory but I also payed some tax as with any accessory from the factory at my place. Actually active xenon curve lights are standard at our place.

Looking at EPC and the German price list, I don't find the option of normal xenon lights for the W221. I doubt it would make a big difference on the price for a retrofit if the lights were active curve lights or standard.

From EPC I understand you have to buy the whole front light assembly, it must be expensive even if no tax was included.

It is some 1600 euros in Germany as an option from the factory, includes the washer system and autolevelling (which makes no difference on an Airmatic or ABC car with autolevelling suspension).

·
Registered
Mercedes W163 ML350 2004 Inspiration and W221 S-Class 320 CDi 2006
76 Posts
Does someone know what parts are required to do the conversion on a S-Class W221. Is it simply a replacement of the headlamp or something a lot more involved?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts