Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Odd turn signal issue

666 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  konigstiger 
#1 ·
Lately, when I tap on signal to change lane (right), it blinks 3 times as normal. Then, roughly half the time, left signal immediately blink 3 times as I tapped on it! I searched this and other forums and no luck finding similar discussion. Is this switch related or likely an electrical problem? If switch, what is your repair recommendation? Dealer or DIY?

Car: 2012 E350 Coupe - 110K miles

#3 ·
You're saying that you "tap" on it?

Are you using the lane change facility, which requires a light push/tap on the blinker stalk?
It's basically a two position switch for each direction; a light tap switches on this lane change mode, and pushing it further invokes the turn signal mode.
I do mean lane change light push. Handle doesn't get stuck nor is loose. It does return to normal resting position. Only is reproducible for right lane change. Left lane change works ok.

#4 ·
You can remove switch to inspect lever, etc. If replacing should be plug & play unless you have Distronic (233) then dealer or independent may need to initialize using Xentry (MB diagnostics). Need VIN if you want part #.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.