Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Okay, so today I went to a shop and they scanned the car with an SDS. There was nothing there. The guy did the body diagnostics and said there were no messages. He didn't see any new messages anywhere.
There was just s a wheel speed sensor error message that pops up sometimes in the summer and throws off the ESP/ABS/Cruise Control until I restart the car.

I guess I still have to clean the ground connection near the battery, which visually looks okay... I'm way out of ideas, do you guys have any?

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
18,991 Posts
I cannot believe he found no codes stored anywhere. I have yet to scan a MBZ that didn't have at least one code stored in some system. I really think this is a bad EIS, but that would be an expensive "throwing parts at it" type of fix.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yes, I also found that surprising. I haven't had any issues with that in the past week so I think it MIGHT be correlated with summer temperatures/humidity, just like my other intermittent issue with the ESP/ABS, which is definitely temperature-sensitive.
At this point I've already bought another car so it's just a matter of how I go about selling this one. With a baby on the way, this kind of crap is the last thing I'll want on my mind.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts