Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a bit of fog built up in my car due to rain, and not wanting to put the aircon on high, I just switched on the rear glass heater to get rid of the traces of fog.

Since I wasn't listening to music, I heard a quiet 'click' when this was done. Tried it again by switching it off, and again I heard a quiet click.

The heater DOES work, so it's not broken, but I can't remember ever hearing this kind of click noise in my old SLK. Doesn't bother me, but thought I'd share in case anyone ever twiddles with the aircon settings and hears a very soft click sound coming from behind...

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
Shinigami - 5/6/2005 7:03 PM

Had a bit of fog built up in my car due to rain, and not wanting to put the aircon on high, I just switched on the rear glass heater to get rid of the traces of fog.
...when I get hot & steamy, I just hit the demist button (in the centre of one of the dials)and it works superbly ... [:)][:)]

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Woolly - 5/5/2005 11:58 AM

Shinigami - 5/6/2005 7:03 PM

...when I get hot & steamy, I just hit the demist button (in the centre of one of the dials)and it works superbly ... [:)][:)]
Does it actually say "demist" on the dial? Must ne a UK thing as i do not have a "demist"er[8D]

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
malibuite - 5/6/2005 8:07 PM

Does it actually say "demist" on the dial? Must ne a UK thing as i do not have a "demist"er[8D]
Hi Mal, I've just R'd The FM - I've got the Thermatic system, - if you hit he centre of the 3rd button from the left (on UK/European cars it has a little icon of a windshield with wiggly bits on it), it turns on various fans, blowers, vents and other bits ([:0]) and all the windows are de-misted in no time at all.

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Woolly - 5/5/2005 12:16 PM

malibuite - 5/6/2005 8:07 PM

Hi Mal, I've just R'd The FM - I've got the Thermatic system, - if you hit he centre of the 3rd button from the left (on UK/European cars it has a little icon of a windshield with wiggly bits on it), it turns on various fans, blowers, vents and other bits ([:0]) and all the windows are de-misted in no time at all.
Yes, i have that with the icon. I thought you meant that the button had the word "demist" on it[:I]

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
malibuite - 5/6/2005 8:35 PM

Yes, i have that with the icon. I thought you meant that the button had the word "demist" on it[:I]
.. evidently, for US spec cars, (especially on the COMAND system) most buttons are labeled in English, - European(and possibly other countries) have pictograms because of the diverse languages.

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, my rear window defroster button has a square with wavy lines through it, whilst the front window defroster (that is used to blow hot air) has a pincushion type block (i.e. the top horizontal line is wider then the bottom one, and it's bent a little) with wavy lines.

So much for guessing which one was which, lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have noticed the same click on turning on the rear window heater.

I also noticed that if you sit at idle and turn it on the engines revs lover as if the heater has used lots of power just to get started.

Weird

Regards

·
Registered
SLK350
475 Posts
It may be a relay clicking in to activated the heating elements and the extra current draw is adding load to the engine via the alternator.

JMHO,

Roberta[:)]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts