Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2001 ML320 Sport
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to start my 2001 ML320 (87K Miles) last night and it started fine no problems but the CE light was on. Plugged the code reader in when I got home and it read error P0335. I cleared the code and it hasn't come back.

I searched and I know this code is related to the CPS but I replaced the CPS about 3 months (4000 miles) ago just for precaution so I don't think the problem is with the CPS. Is there anything else I should check? Is there a way to check the CPS?

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
1999 E55, 2001 E320, 1990 560 SEC, 2004 ML350, 2001 ML55, 1995 S500, 1998 SL500, 2010 E550 Sport zoo
7,035 Posts
Where did you buy the replacement CPS - since the "no name" replacement sold by retail auto parts stores really-really sucks. Meaning if you got 3K out of it, that would be like a pending record.

The genuine Bosch brand replacement is the same price (or less) and is the only viable part.

Let us know !

·
Registered
2001 ML320 Sport
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where did you buy the replacement CPS - since the "no name" replacement sold by retail auto parts stores really-really sucks. Meaning if you got 3K out of it, that would be like a pending record.

The genuine Bosch brand replacement is the same price (or less) and is the only viable part.

Let us know !
I bought a OEM Bosch sensor.

Here -> Your Parts Search Returned 1 Part(s)

Guess I will pull it this weekend and test if I can find the specs for testing it.

Thanks

Chris

·
Purple Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,119 Posts
Well that is where I get mine from so The part is probably ok, but we would not
know if it might be defective without Witek's test.

·
Registered
2001 ML320 Sport
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well that is where I get mine from so The part is probably ok, but we would not
know if it might be defective without Witek's test.
Do you know what the correct specs are for the tests he referenced? The link doesn't have any relevant info.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Purple Moderator
22,119 Posts
I do not remember. They were posted here less than 2-3 weeks ago. If you can't find
them using the search engine I will try to dig up the values. It is a moot point if you
do not have access to an oscilloscope.

·
Registered
2001 ML320 Sport
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do not remember. They were posted here less than 2-3 weeks ago. If you can't find
them using the search engine I will try to dig up the values. It is a moot point if you
do not have access to an oscilloscope.
I do have access to, and know how to use, and oscilloscope. I have been searching for the values and can't seem to fine them. I saw them last night, should have book marked the page. I will keep looking.

Thanks for all your help! The only reason I changed out the CPS was because it had 85K on it. Preventive maintenance. Guess no good deed goes unpunished.

-Chris

·
Purple Moderator
22,119 Posts
If you saved the old one swap it and see if the problem goes away.

Autohaus will swap out the bad one.

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
7,700 Posts
I do have access to, and know how to use, and oscilloscope. I have been searching for the values and can't seem to fine them. I saw them last night, should have book marked the page. I will keep looking.

Thanks for all your help! The only reason I changed out the CPS was because it had 85K on it. Preventive maintenance. Guess no good deed goes unpunished.

-Chris
Here is resistance check, voltage check and scope trace.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
17,098 Posts
Maybe Witek forgot, but you have a 2.8 system. The connectors to the Eng. Control Module and the wire locations were changed.

Below, is the same sheet that Witek supplied, but it includes penciled figures which are for 2.8 system. The larger number is the wire # and the smaller one (circled) is the connector #.

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 ML320 Sport
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Maybe Witek forgot, but you have a 2.8 system. The connectors to the Eng. Control Module and the wire locations were changed.

Below, is the same sheet that Witek supplied, but it includes penciled figures which are for 2.8 system. The larger number is the wire # and the smaller one (circled) is the connector #.
Thanks for all the help! Pulled the CPS out and checked it today. Everything is within spec. The only thing I noticed was the CPS had oil on the shaft where it seats inside the block. No oil on the outside of the sensor. Is this normal?

CE light has not repeated since last week. Hopefully just an erratic error.

Thanks

Chris

1 - 13 of 13 Posts