Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
SEC 600 V12 2dr COUPE (RHD) One of the chosen few.
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me an indication where I might get the info and eqipment relating to the OBD1 system..
I have a 1994 S600 V12 Coupe..And at present my experience with my local stealer is that they dont do repairs.. They just replace anything they suspect might be wrong, So in have had a new loom new Lanbda sensors New dizzycaps etc..But I still have a misfire on the right hand bank..
So I want to be able to sort this myself. Its not brain surgery, and no-one dies if I get it wrong.
I live in the UK..and the info is very sparse here on this particular Benz..

Attachments

·
Registered
1996 C36, 1995 S500 Coupe, 1985 190E 2.3
301 Posts
This might be useful to you:

http://pages.prodigy.net/jforgione/MB_X11.html

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I have been to that page before.. Usefull if you have a V8.. I have a V12.. very different beast.. So I am still in need of info...

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like the most tecky we get on here is the same as a cheese sandwich...

has nobody got any info for me >???

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
Merc600sec - 1/26/2005 10:06 AM

Can anyone give me an indication where I might get the info and eqipment relating to the OBD1 system..
I have a 1994 S600 V12 Coupe..And at present my experience with my local stealer is that they dont do repairs.. They just replace anything they suspect might be wrong, So in have had a new loom new Lanbda sensors New dizzycaps etc..But I still have a misfire on the right hand bank..
So I want to be able to sort this myself. Its not brain surgery, and no-one dies if I get it wrong.
I live in the UK..and the info is very sparse here on this particular Benz..
It is car's brain surgery. It takes years to be a qulified technician.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is car's brain surgery. It takes years to be a qulified technician.[/QUOTE]

Its not that complex my friend.. just theb interface if at a diff rate to ODB1 plus the adress codes are diffrent being ANO not DIGI.. will start to work on an interface soon as I get time..

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a question about the readout from the Diags on my car..
what do the following mean
PML
IFZ
KFB
PSE
AB
KLA
GM
EFP
these are all diagnostic acronyms.. if anyone has a clue I would apreciate the help.

·
Registered
500 SEC 10:1 and 600 SEL
10 Posts
Take the cover off the module box (engine bay - right hand side) and find the GM (grundmodul) its the first one on the left in front off you when your standing on the right side off the car and check the fuses.Then check for any debri (oxidation) this is were a lot of malefuntions can occure.also chech each module after removal (whit ignition off) The oxidation is in most cases at fold due the rubber sealing in the cover.
Check the EZL (N1/5) module close, because this is the one that triggers the right bank.
I could debrief here the whole thing, but that would take a whole lot off writing so check these two sides K6JRF Auto Page and V12 Uber Alles, Repair Help for Mercedes Benz S600 V12 W140 these are usefull to get a understanding of the LH-Jetronic (partly CAN)

·
Registered
222.132 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,435 Posts
Finally a solution after almost 4 years of waiting. :rolleyes:

Sounds like a relevant post and may be useful for others but unlikely for the one you addressed it.

·
Registered
500 SEC 10:1 and 600 SEL
10 Posts
It was late after work, so no 20/20 vision for the date, but it would be nice if people would close their post with either a solution or ...........

·
Registered
222.132 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,435 Posts
It was late after work, so no 20/20 vision for the date, but it would be nice if people would close their post with either a solution or ...........
Very true, they must have figured out something. Perhaps just upset when there was no solution from the forum. But someone needs to be the first and sometimes the fix needs to be offered a few times before it becomes known. You advice should be useful for those that do a search on the topic anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts