Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
28,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might as well cry uncle on the steak dinner, GS, he's in. How appropriate Hillary's last stand will be in Texas, I suggest she gives all her speeches from the Alamo.

·
Registered
19,471 Posts
Anybody but her!

·
Administratoris Emeritus
46,416 Posts
Thank goodness. Another Clinton in the WH would have only meant a continuation of the bizarre and extreme political divisiveness we seem to be in, even if the Clinton's are essentially blameless....

·
Administratoris Emeritus
46,416 Posts
I'm trying to figure what the lesser of the two poisons are. McCain or Obama? I guess it'll depend on who they pick for a running mate.
Whomever has distanced himself most from our lying mass murderer in chief -- that would be Obama.

·
Registered
28,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The GOP doesn't seem to know it yet, but their only hope of stopping Obama has always been McCain, hell if he wasn't so tightly tied to the war in Iraq I'd vote for him. McCain is appealing to the same block of independent voters that Obama is doing so well with, and if national security becomes the major issue due to some type of terrorist attack, McCain is a shoo-in. Osama Bin Laden essentially controls the US election, once again.

·
Registered
28,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anybody but her!
If you are a Republican, you should have prayed for her to win, Obama is a much more formidable candidate. His appearance in Houston yesterday was simply incredible, the man is a messiah to the great block of people who are the majority in this country: those who don't vote. The man is the greatest leftist this country has ever produced. Hope, it's a hell of a drug.

·
Administratoris Emeritus
46,416 Posts
The GOP doesn't seem to know it yet, but their only hope of stopping Obama has always been McCain, hell if he wasn't so tightly tied to the war in Iraq I'd vote for him. McCain is appealing to the same block of independent voters that Obama is doing so well with, and if national security becomes the major issue due to some type of terrorist attack, McCain is a shoo-in. Osama Bin Laden essentially controls the US election, once again.
I really can't see McCain winning the general election. The GOP seems solidly entrenched in this "we hate everyone" thing, and more than anyone, haters tend to hate their own.

·
Registered
29,576 Posts
It will be interesting to see where the independents fall. There are still miles of tape of McCain backing Bush on nearly every issue for the past 7 years. Add that to the conflict that McCain brings to his own party and there is a very interesting paradox building.

I don't think even OBL controls this because if there is another attack then the Bush/McCain tactics will have been shown to not be effective in controlling terrorism.

Obama is going to be an interesting target for the Republicans to fight. So much energy has been spent fighting Hillary that they are somewhat in yet in another conundrum if they go up against the "anti-Hillary".

The main argument of the Republicans has already started as "tax and spend liberal" yet that very argument is fully nullified by Bushie and his Republican Congress who have "tax and spent" more than any liberal in history.

But again, I caution, don't rule out the Clinton Campaign Machine. It is ruthless and will not die easily.

·
Administratoris Emeritus
46,416 Posts
It will be interesting to see where the independents fall. There are still miles of tape of McCain backing Bush on nearly every issue for the past 7 years. Add that to the conflict that McCain brings to his own party and there is a very interesting paradox building.

I don't think even OBL controls this because if there is another attack then the Bush/McCain tactics will have been shown to not be effective in controlling terrorism.

Obama is going to be an interesting target for the Republicans to fight. So much energy has been spent fighting Hillary that they are somewhat in yet in another conundrum if they go up against the "anti-Hillary".

The main argument of the Republicans has already started as "tax and spend liberal" yet that very argument is fully nullified by Bushie and his Republican Congress who have "tax and spent" more than any liberal in history.

But again, I caution, don't rule out the Clinton Campaign Machine. It is ruthless and will not die easily.
The rhetoric is stronger than the truth. If you don't believe me, ask Jayhawk.

·
Registered
19,471 Posts
If you are a Republican, you should have prayed for her to win, Obama is a much more formidable candidate. His appearance in Houston yesterday was simply incredible, the man is a messiah to the great block of people who are the majority in this country: those who don't vote. The man is the greatest leftist this country has ever produced. Hope, it's a hell of a drug.
Like I've said before, I'm a registered Dem.
But I'm getting tired of all this hope & change to let the government take care of all the people who don't work or are not trying to better themselves.
Free this, free that, vote for me and you'll get it free. “ I finally feel good about America” BULL****

I want people to work for what they want and or need, not just waddle their fat ass to the P.O. Box for a check.

·
Banned
17,697 Posts

You are right Bear, she is one to be abit worried about............

But she also has her disbeleivers.........

·
Registered
29,576 Posts
The rhetoric is stronger than the truth. If you don't believe me, ask Jayhawk.
I agree, but assume that it will be played out from both sides, not just one.

·
66,891 Posts
The only thing the right wingers are going to bank on to smear Obama is by reminding eveyrone that he's black and should not belong to good old boy network. As comical as it sounds, it could work to rally them haters.

·
Banned
17,697 Posts
Teamsters Union to Endorse Barack Obama

WASHINGTON (AP) - Sen. Barack Obama is slated to pick up the endorsement of the powerful Teamsters, the second major union endorsement for the Democratic front-runner in a week, union officials told The Associated Press on Wednesday.
Obama will meet with Teamster President James P. Hoffa in Austin, Texas, on Wednesday. The endorsement is expected to come soon thereafter, said the officials, speaking on condition of anonymity because of the planned formal announcement.

The Teamsters represent 1.4 million members.

Union support will be key in the Democratic primaries in the next few weeks, particularly in Ohio on March 4 and Pennsylvania on April 22. Ohio and Pennsylvania have some of the nation's largest number of union workers, with more than 15 percent of the workforce unionized in Pennsylvania and just over 14 percent in Ohio.

The endorsement from the Teamsters is Obama's third from organized labor in a week. The 1.9-million member Service Employees International Union endorsed the Illinois senator last Friday, and the smaller United Food and Commercial Workers endorsed him last Thursday.

Rival Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton by far has a larger number of unions in her corner with 12 endorsements from unions affiliated with the AFL-CIO—the nation's largest labor federation—and the United Farm Workers from the rival Change To Win labor federation.

But Obama also has two AFL-CIO unions in his corner in the Transport Workers Union and the National Weather Service Employees Organization. And with a Teamsters endorsement, he will have four Change To Win unions in his corner: the Teamsters, SEIU, the United Food and Commercial Workers and UNITE HERE, who gave the Illinois senator his first national endorsement from a union.

·
Registered
29,576 Posts
Like I've said before, I'm a registered Dem.
But I'm getting tired of all this hope & change to let the government take care of all the people who don't work or are not trying to better themselves.
Free this, free that, vote for me and you'll get it free. “ I finally feel good about America” BULL****

I want people to work for what they want and or need, not just waddle their fat ass to the P.O. Box for a check.
Your first comment ASSUMES things for which you might not know the circumstance and the second comment is exactly what everyone wants.

I think where the difference in thought lies is that there are people who want to stop the US jobs from moving offshore, to stop having a class of people being paid below a living wage, to allow everyone the option to have the benefits that many of us take for granted.

I grew up in the deepest heart of Appalachia during the beginnings of the Great Society. I saw both the very best it had to offer and the very worst that came from it. I volunteer there on a monthly basis working with the third generation of some of the negative fallout of the Great Society. AT THE SAME TIME I still see some of the outstanding benefits that it provided to an area that had nearly nothing. No hope, no jobs and no real future.

The point of that little tableau is that the plans for hope and change are just that, plans. They have to be developed and honed to be made better this time around. To build on the good and eliminate the bad.

But we can't ignore the 13-15% of of AMERICANS who are in poverty or the additional 15% who are surviving below a living wage. That group exists and we as a country have a responsibility to address the issues.

Society is only as good as it treats those among us that have the least. While that is what I distilled my personal beliefs to years ago, it is also the beliefs that I have seen exhibited by many of the people that I work with in volunteer work, from both the left and right, humorously many of whom fit parts of the description of Marlboro Man from the Angry White Men thread. None of the true conservative, independent, Southern or Northern white men that I deal with back away from the responsibilities toward those who need their help the most. [which is why my post in Angry White Man points out its farce]

·
Always Remembered RIP
10,146 Posts
You are right Bear, she is one to be abit worried about............

But she also has her disbeleivers.........

That is pretty funny, but why do you have such hate and venom for her, are you scared she is she going to take away your passport, or make you pay taxes or something?

·
Registered
29,576 Posts

WASHINGTON (AP) - Sen. Barack Obama is slated to pick up the endorsement of the powerful Teamsters, the second major union endorsement for the Democratic front-runner in a week, union officials told The Associated Press on Wednesday.
Obama will meet with Teamster President James P. Hoffa in Austin, Texas, on Wednesday. The endorsement is expected to come soon thereafter, said the officials, speaking on condition of anonymity because of the planned formal announcement.

The Teamsters represent 1.4 million members.

Union support will be key in the Democratic primaries in the next few weeks, particularly in Ohio on March 4 and Pennsylvania on April 22. Ohio and Pennsylvania have some of the nation's largest number of union workers, with more than 15 percent of the workforce unionized in Pennsylvania and just over 14 percent in Ohio.

The endorsement from the Teamsters is Obama's third from organized labor in a week. The 1.9-million member Service Employees International Union endorsed the Illinois senator last Friday, and the smaller United Food and Commercial Workers endorsed him last Thursday.

Rival Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton by far has a larger number of unions in her corner with 12 endorsements from unions affiliated with the AFL-CIO—the nation's largest labor federation—and the United Farm Workers from the rival Change To Win labor federation.

But Obama also has two AFL-CIO unions in his corner in the Transport Workers Union and the National Weather Service Employees Organization. And with a Teamsters endorsement, he will have four Change To Win unions in his corner: the Teamsters, SEIU, the United Food and Commercial Workers and UNITE HERE, who gave the Illinois senator his first national endorsement from a union.

Aren't they angry white guys?

·
Registered
29,576 Posts
That is pretty funny, but why do you have such hate and venom for her, are you scared she is she going to take away your passport, or make you pay taxes or something?
Did you check to see how many of those results linked back to Rush Limbaugh's site? That, in itself should cover 60-70% of the results.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts