Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
01 Mitsubishi Galant ES
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello...my name is chris. i registered here for a friend. he owns a '84 benz 500sec amg. we are about to start working on it to get it in shape for the weekend cruiser. i got a few pics of it after a wash last weekend. also, sorry, bad pics...taken with my cell phone. enjoy.

·
Registered
1993 300TE, 1995 E320 Wagon
1,895 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! You'll get lots of help here in getting it ready for cruising...

Check out this site to find info and details about the car--

Mercedes-Benz Club Russia | Mercedes-Benz / VIN

The car looks very nice BTW-- but it isn't an SEC-- it's an SEL (probably a typo though). Apart from the front bumper, what other AMG stuff does it have? It looks to be a euro "grey market" import that got some mods by a previous owner. You may have a "sleeper" if it has the high-output (ECE/RUF) engine. Check what kind of exhaust manifolds it has-- "tri-y's" are rare and desirable...

Dave

·
Registered
01 Mitsubishi Galant ES
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum!! You'll get lots of help here in getting it ready for cruising...

Check out this site to find info and details about the car--

Mercedes-Benz Club Russia | Mercedes-Benz / VIN

The car looks very nice BTW-- but it isn't an SEC-- it's an SEL (probably a typo though). Apart from the front bumper, what other AMG stuff does it have? It looks to be a euro "grey market" import that got some mods by a previous owner. You may have a "sleeper" if it has the high-output (ECE/RUF) engine. Check what kind of exhaust manifolds it has-- "tri-y's" are rare and desirable...

Dave
thanks dave...i guess it is a SEL then...my friend told me SEC...maybe that's why i always had trouble looking up stuff for him.

yeah...i noticed that about the front bumper also. it has power/heated front seats, the back seats are also power(recline a bit), i know it comes with some hydraulic-type suspension(not sure what to call it though), aftermarket-system(eclipse surround sound), and i gotta go look some more...

i'll check the engine and exhaust mani...and about the link...thanks, i'll check the VIN when my friend gets off of work. BTW, he (the owner named Ace) is a mechanic for toyota...been working there since fresh outta highschool...so i'm guessing about 12-13 yrs maybe.

·
Premium Member
1988 560SEC, 1987 420SEL, 1986 500SE
1,905 Posts
Welcome dude, nice to see another San Diegan...let me know if you need anything.

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
40,084 Posts
Welcome, to take advantage of all the forum features, please re visit the 'Welcome to the Forum' tutorial sticky on top of the W126 page, as well as the two DIY stickies.
It will show how to search the forum (3 words min.), and has a link to the Russian MB site where you can run a VIN#.
Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
01 Mitsubishi Galant ES
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the welcome fellas...

Welcome dude, nice to see another San Diegan...let me know if you need anything.
where abouts in san diego are you , kalifornia??

Welcome, to take advantage of all the forum features, please re visit the 'Welcome to the Forum' tutorial sticky on top of the W126 page, as well as the two DIY stickies.
It will show how to search the forum (3 words min.), and has a link to the Russian MB site where you can run a VIN#.
Cheers
yeah...been looking through the DIY stickies...and already know about the search (haven't asked any questions:thumbsup:) the vin, i should get today...today's my long weekend(divorced w/kid)

all in all...thanks for having me on the site...told my friend a few things about his car he didn't know already, and gave him some other info that he can use, just by searching this site. :)

·
Registered
1982 300CD|1998 GMC Sierra 2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel|2008 Chevy Cobalt 2.2L DD
2,003 Posts
Interior pictures needed, looks to be a sweet car.

·
Registered
01 Mitsubishi Galant ES
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for that VIN number site. helped out quite a bit. got to know more things i didn't already.

is that a gost dog in your pics? welcome
that's bubba...bubba gump...good and loyal:)

Interior pictures needed, looks to be a sweet car.
interior's brown w/woodgrain. interior is not really shot...but almost at that point.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts