Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1984 380SL, 2000 BMW Z3
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm older'n most of you so I remember this series well. JR was my hero. But I guess I'd forget which side the gas cap was on too if I had Victoria Principal going to my bedroom :D:D:D. Lordy, those were some fine women on that show!!!

·
Premium Member
2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid, 1993 BMW 325i convertible
6,077 Posts
Yeah, the big nod I did to thumbing my nose at originality was not having them put that stupid UNLEADED FUEL ONLY metal tag back on over the filler door, after they painted it.

Why couldn't they stamp it on the filler cap? Or put it inside the filler door? Why did they hang it right there where it marred the side of the car?

·
R/C107 Moderator
1986 560SL: '84 500SL: '84 280SL 5 speed: other 107s
32,359 Posts
I think that was when my wife bought a VCR so she wouldn't miss it.

·
Registered
Looking
54 Posts
That is Patrick Duffy, he as Bobby Ewing. JR was Larry Hagman.
But, yes, If Victoria Principal was in my car, I would not be concerned where the gas cap was either......

·
Registered
1986 560 SL
7,357 Posts
Of my 5 cars, 2 have the filler on the driver's side; 3 on the passenger's.
I can never remember which is which and chances are I guess wrong at the gas station.

·
One of the BW Old Guard/R129, W204 Moderator
1997 SL500- 40th Anniversary
7,166 Posts
Of my 5 cars, 2 have the filler on the driver's side; 3 on the passenger's.
I can never remember which is which and chances are I guess wrong at the gas station.
Feel your pain...
On newer cars, there is an indicator in the instrument cluster to remind you. Sometimes it is a little gas pump. The "hose" on the gas pump is on the correct side. Others, its a little triangle.

I'd be looking at VP, and not the dash; however, but I'm not as old a F*&^ as you...

·
Registered
1986 560 SL
7,357 Posts
On newer cars, there is an indicator in the instrument cluster to remind you. Sometimes it is a little gas pump. The "hose" on the gas pump is on the correct side. Others, its a little triangle.

I'd be looking at VP, and not the dash; however, but I'm not as old a F*&^ as you...
Really?
I learn something every day.

What's VP?
And who you calling an "old F", Pops?

·
One of the BW Old Guard/R129, W204 Moderator
1997 SL500- 40th Anniversary
7,166 Posts
Really?
I learn something every day.

What's VP?
And who you calling an "old F", Pops?
Victoria Principal...
Look in the mirror... you gotta be at least 1-2 months older than me... Sheez!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts