Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
slk 55
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone is welcome, please join us! We will meet at The Bear Mountain Inn in Bear Mountain, NY (directions at bearmountaininn.com) at 8:30 AM, and begin our drive at 9AM through Bear Mountain and Harriman State Parks, cross The Bear Mountain Bridge, and end up at the Depot in Cold Spring (coldspringdepot.com) for an 11AM brunch. Please RSVP as early as possible so we can get an idea of how many cars and people will be attending.

·
Registered
SLK350
108 Posts
Anyway of getting a sticky on this post so people can easily find it and sign up? I hope we get a good showing, (let's invite older SLK drivers too).. my 2 cents..

·
Registered
slk 55
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tullios, pardon my lack of knowledge, but what does "getting a sticky" mean? If it might help get a better response and you can do it, be my guest of course. I was getting ready to suggest canceling due to lack of response.

·
Registered
2005 SLK350 2011 GLK3504X 2006 ML350(selling when GLK arrives)
1,940 Posts
tullios - 4/10/2005 5:59 PM

Anyway of getting a sticky on this post so people can easily find it and sign up? I hope we get a good showing, (let's invite older SLK drivers too).. my 2 cents..
tullios:

There is also an events forum, have you tried that[?]

·
Registered
slk 55
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fred, sounds like we may need to cancel this given the lack of response after a week and a half. What do you think? You are on Long Island, yes? Perhaps we can meet for lunch one day as I occasionally travel to Long Island for business.

·
Registered
2005 SLK55
664 Posts
I think I'll be there anyway. 5 cars is fine with me. It'll make the restaurant arrangements easier.
Maybe we can get Smoovecoat and Silver Lana to show?

·
Registered
SLK350
108 Posts
a sticky on a forum is getting the moderator to keep the message on the top of the forum. "sticks on the top of the forum"

shark22 - 4/11/2005 9:37 AM

Tullios, pardon my lack of knowledge, but what does "getting a sticky" mean? If it might help get a better response and you can do it, be my guest of course. I was getting ready to suggest canceling due to lack of response.

·
Registered
SLK350
20 Posts
Its quite a hike for me, coming from the Cherryhill area, but I'm pretty sure I'll be there. I'll make a firm commitment the week before.

What if weather is bad? I think it should be rescheduled if it rains...

·
Registered
SLK55 //AMG
1,212 Posts
fredfromny - 4/14/2005 11:56 AM

I think I'll be there anyway. 5 cars is fine with me. It'll make the restaurant arrangements easier.
Maybe we can get Smoovecoat and Silver Lana to show?
I am in. [:)]

·
Registered
2005 SLK55
664 Posts
Thanks for posting on the other forums.

Looking forward to meeting everybody on the 1st!

·
Registered
2005 SLK55
664 Posts
RE: Thanks for posting on the other forums.

Glad you're coming. Now it's a party!

·
Registered
2005 SLK350
316 Posts
I'll do my best to make it out as well.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts