Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
300SD, 300E, SLK230
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back I had replaced the PSE and had everything re-initialized by a dealer. I am now getting nuisance alarms to the point that I try not to ever lock the car for fear of alarms sounding all the time. Seems to happen more when it's colder outside. I need to find the location of the sensors that feed the alarm system to make sure they are appropriately adjusted (not on the edge of make/break).
I will probably "wiggle" the connectors on the PSE in case they are experiencing corrosion to wipe the mating contacts.
I can set the alarm, lock doors, unlock doors, interion lights work properly, so I'm fairly certain that the PSE unit itself is working as expected. When I do wet the alarm either with the fob switch or manually by using the key to lock the car, it is subject to alarms going off.
If anyone has experience with this and a resolution, I'd be interested in hearing your story.
Thanks,
Barry

·
Registered
2002 SLK230
595 Posts
Barry,

I just got my car back from the dealer last friday. One of the problems that I had was my alarm going off for no apparent reason. They found a "code" that told them it was a "low voltage" condition and they replaced the self-contained power supply for the alarm/siren under warranty. It works fine now. I hope that this helps...and if you go to Autozone, the guys here say that they will check for codes for you for free. If you IM me, I'll check my paperwork and tell you the code that the dealer found.

Jeff

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG
1,219 Posts
Jeff Kushner - 4/19/2006 11:17 AM

They found a "code" that told them it was a "low voltage" condition and they replaced the self-contained power supply for the alarm/siren under warranty. It works fine now. I hope that this helps...and if you go to Autozone, the guys here say that they will check for codes for you for free.
I think the "code" that MB pulled was probably from their diagnostic system. The only codes AutoZone can pull are the OBDII codes that are generated along with the Check Engine Light (CEL) coming on.

·
Registered
2002 SLK230
595 Posts
Hey Falcon,

I just replied to his PM...the code was B1709 He said that his dealer gave him a list of codes so he's set. The MB port codes start with a "B" and the other connector start with mostly "P"

·
Registered
300SD, 300E, SLK230
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Final on my nuisance alarms. Initially, the dealer cleaned the somewhat corroded contacts on the PSE unit and reset everything. When the weather got colder and the car was left outside, alarm sounded again. Took it back to dealer. Dealer found a problem with the glove box light (controlled somehow beyond the realm of reasonableness) by the PSE unit. Changed that out and no problems since. Too many things controlled by the damn PSE!

·
Registered
2002 SLK 320
8 Posts
My alarm kept on triggering as well for no apparent reason. Took it back to the dealer who replaced the PSE. (Or, guided the dealer to the PSE, thanks to this great forum) That resulted in my trunk light, overhead light, and my glove box light operating... And my alarm hasn't gone off on it's own since... So yeah, too many things are controlled by that PSE. Glad to hear you're back to normal!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts