Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

41 - 60 of 684 Posts

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
-----'83 280 SL----- 5 speed....The PIG
29,151 Posts

·
Registered
560SL,380SL
4,012 Posts
And she brought up the ratings of an abysmal incarnation of Star Trek when she joined the cast. When she showed up on the show, my friend's daughter said, "Look, Mom, Voyager's got breasts!"
When the show was on, I called her eleven of ten.

·
29,151 Posts
You're just jealous I didn't put up any of the (unsolicited) pics you keep sending me.
You mean the pictures of me and your wife in the Poconos?

·
Forum Administrator , RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
1981 380SL 151K: 2005 S500 116K
39,185 Posts
Jody, in this picture there is a short length along the bottom edge of the soft top in front of the rear window that is shiny.

On my top, there is considerable damage as this is the last part of the top, on both sides, that goes beneath the well and the previous owners apparently did not recognize the problem until it was too late. I have to keep coloring that space with a dark marker to camouflage it.

My question is simply, is the shiny spot some type of protective material or is it the start of damage that is just not clear to the camera? I don't mean to call out your car if it's damage but short of replacing the top, I don't know what to do.

I will repost this in the Soft Top Sticky with your permission as I am sure others have the same problem.

·
29,151 Posts

·
It Is What It Is, Dude
22,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Fotografa said:
I like thinking men's women.
Those are the type of woman you'd bring home to meet your Mom, and that's one theory....
I seem to find myself drawn to women I'd be leary of leaving alone in a room with my Dad.....

·
Registered
1980 450SL & 1988 560SL
1,667 Posts
I'd have breakfast with any of them once. Not likely to happen, but a man can dream.

41 - 60 of 684 Posts