Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve just installed a new aftermarket amp and radio. It was just working the other day and now, there’s no power going to it. It doesn’t turn on at all. I already checked all the fuses and they looked fine.

·
Premium Member
2000 ML55 sold? 2013 ML500,? 2015 C250 estate wagon, 1927 Dodge 4 sedan, 1929 Dodge
4,927 Posts
I’ve just installed a new aftermarket amp and radio. It was just working the other day and now, there’s no power going to it. It doesn’t turn on at all. I already checked all the fuses and they looked fine.
You might need to check your wiring to it.
Check the voltage at the plug going to the unit.
Also check you have voltage on both sides of your fuses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1999 ML430
1,750 Posts
If you have verified that your power supply is good to the radio/amp and you made sure that the radio itself and the amp are turned on.....you must have a defective amp or radio.

Need a good ground also.....let us know what you find out.

·
2,906 Posts
Welcome swaebrian,

Fuse on the radio? checked?
check all wiring connections.

Please update your user cp info:
click on your icon----> click on Account Settings---->
goto Account Details----> add vehicle details---->
add your make model YEAR ----> click save

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome swaebrian,

Fuse on the radio? checked?
check all wiring connections.

Please update your user cp info:
click on your icon----> click on Account Settings---->
goto Account Details----> add vehicle details---->
add your make model YEAR ----> click save
It turned out that the car was dead. After I jump started it, the radio came back on lol. I hope this forum will help someone else who would have this issue, thanks 🙂

·
Premium Member
2000 ML55 sold? 2013 ML500,? 2015 C250 estate wagon, 1927 Dodge 4 sedan, 1929 Dodge
4,927 Posts
It turned out that the car was dead. After I jump started it, the radio came back on lol. I hope this forum will help someone else who would have this issue, thanks
Describing that you had no start or dash lights might of helped us point you in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts