Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bose on their web site say this - it speakd for itself... we're being fooled. They must think customers are VERY stupid!<p>"FAQ 3. Why can't I get a list of technical specifications?<p>Because our custom-engineered, complete system solutions largely supersede conventional audio measurements. Even some basic building blocks have been redefined -- including amplifiers, speakers and equalizers. But most importantly, everything is integrated and works together for results that vary significantly from those provided by conventional systems made up of individual, unmatched components. For example, with a Bose automotive system the location and design of the speakers can be much more important factors in determining the output than the wattage power rating. The bottom line? The best tests of a Bose system's sound quality aren't a list of specifications, but your ears."<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've got Bose in my Miata and it doesn't sound that great. Saying it has 'Bose' doesn't mean anything. It's the quality of the Bose equipment that's included. I don't agree about specs being important. I've listened to a 10K+ home stereo that, according to the owner, had great specs. I did not like the sound at all.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You say:<p>"Saying it has 'Bose' doesn't mean anything. It's the quality of the Bose equipment that's included."<p>Ah, but that is why specs ARE important. No, they are not the ONLY important thing, but they are important. Saying "our equipment is too good for specs" is a very thin way of trying to fool your customers.<p>Michael<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm just wondering that this Bose is just not<br>enough for Your taste, or they simply "overengineered" it since it's last<br>release in W202? Till today, i'm very satisfied<br>with my car Bose system; i was such satisfied<br>that i've even bought home theather system<br>from Bose (Accoustimass 10) and i like it.<br>Question is to have bose on w203 or perhaps<br>save my money for something else? I'm not a<br>particular fan of Bose's "information idea"<br>which means absolutely no specs for end-user<br>but i always thought that their systems are<br>pretty well "calculated" for physics of<br>specific car's interior.<p>: You say:<p>"Saying it has 'Bose' doesn't mean anything. It's the quality of the Bose equipment that's included."<p>Ah, but that is why specs ARE important. No, they are not the ONLY important thing, but they are important. Saying "our equipment is too good for specs" is a very thin way of trying to fool your customers.<p>Michael<br><p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bose supplises some technical detail!!

bOSE SENT ME SOME TECH DETAILS - Better than nothing:<p><br>Hello Michael,<p>The Mercedes Benz C-Class has the following system content:<p>2" - dash mounted center fill speakers<p>1.5" tweeter in each front door<p>6.5" wide range speaker in each front door<p>6.5" wide range speaker in coaxial configuration with 2" tweeters in each rear door<p>9" low profile Nd TM woofer in rear package shelf<p>Digital amplifier with 6 channels of customized equalization and Audiopilot TM noise compensation technology<p><br>Bose AudioPilot noise compensation technology automatically compensates for unwanted noise that enters the cabin. Here's how it works:<p>- A microphone installed in the headliner near the rearview mirror continuously monitors the overall sound level inside the car - both music and noise.<p>- Bose digital electronics isolate the music from the noise.<p>- The digital electronics then continuously and automatically modify the music so the full performance can be heard.<p>- The result: The listener, while perceiving no change in overall volume - and without ever touching the controls - enjoys the entire musical performance even as unwanted sound levels change inside the car.<p>I hope this information is helpful to you.<p>Thank you for choosing Bose Corporation.<br>Patty Bolack<br>Consumer Relations Division<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Bose supplises some technical detail!!

yeah - you're right, that's better than nothing.<br>As i can see system was pretty expanded since<br>W202 release. We will se how it does (i'm going<br>to order it anyway).<p>: bOSE SENT ME SOME TECH DETAILS - Better than <br>nothing:<p><br>Hello Michael,<p>The Mercedes Benz C-Class has the following system content:<p>2" - dash mounted center fill speakers<p>1.5" tweeter in each front door<p>6.5" wide range speaker in each front door<p>6.5" wide range speaker in coaxial configuration with 2" tweeters in each rear door<p>9" low profile Nd TM woofer in rear package shelf<p>Digital amplifier with 6 channels of customized equalization and Audiopilot TM noise compensation technology<p><br>Bose AudioPilot noise compensation technology automatically compensates for unwanted noise that enters the cabin. Here's how it works:<p>- A microphone installed in the headliner near the rearview mirror continuously monitors the overall sound level inside the car - both music and noise.<p>- Bose digital electronics isolate the music from the noise.<p>- The digital electronics then continuously and automatically modify the music so the full performance can be heard.<p>- The result: The listener, while perceiving no change in overall volume - and without ever touching the controls - enjoys the entire musical performance even as unwanted sound levels change inside the car.<p>I hope this information is helpful to you.<p>Thank you for choosing Bose Corporation.<br>Patty Bolack<br>Consumer Relations Division<br><p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts