Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new C300 Lux-2010 this summer and I am not very satisfied with its acceleration and breaks.
In order to get my MB going, I have to push the gas half the way down, compare to my wife's Jeep Liberty-2005 I only touch the gas and it acts like a missile on the road. The S mode on MB is not even close to Jeep Liberty acceleration although the number for Net torque is greater than Jeep (221 lb-ft for MB vs 210 lb-ft for Jeep).
The break is not very powerfull as well. My MB won't stop when breaking as good as the Jeep.
Do u guys have the same problem with MB torque and break? or am I expecting too much of MB?

·
Registered
2010 C300 4Matic
22 Posts
I bought a new C300 Lux-2010 this summer and I am not very satisfied with its acceleration and breaks.
In order to get my MB going, I have to push the gas half the way down, compare to my wife's Jeep Liberty-2005 I only touch the gas and it acts like a missile on the road. The S mode on MB is not even close to Jeep Liberty acceleration although the number for Net torque is greater than Jeep (221 lb-ft for MB vs 210 lb-ft for Jeep).
The break is not very powerfull as well. My MB won't stop when breaking as good as the Jeep.
Do u guys have the same problem with MB torque and break? or am I expecting too much of MB?
i have 2010 Sport C300 and I am amazed how well breaks work as compare to my wife XC 70, in terms of torque, I use S setting during summer and it is pretty responsive but it is not Porshe.

·
Registered
09 C300 4Matic
223 Posts
I also have a C300 and jeep liberty. I think comparing the two is a bit odd, but the gear ratio is alot different on these two vehicles which is why you feel the power differently, however, I have always found the breaking to be better on my MB then the jeep, a much better feel to it. I feel like the MB is better under control when I have to step hard on the break but the jeep feels like it wants to turn sideways a bit. Like I said they are two different cars, if I want to be breaking at 65+mph I will take the MB, if I want to climb a steep hill or go through a ravine I will take the jeep. The C300 is really not a fast car, if you want faster get the C350, want fastest get the C63.

·
Registered
C300 4matic Special Edition
53 Posts
Well.....I hope your cars never break:). My brakes, on the other hand, are very good, and with the predictive braking pull me up very smoothly and safely.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have 2010 Sport C300 and I am amazed how well breaks work as compare to my wife XC 70, in terms of torque, I use S setting during summer and it is pretty responsive but it is not Porshe.
Porshe !!!??
No, seriously! My Jeep Liberty beats a crap out of my MB and you said it is not a Porshe? :eek:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also have a C300 and jeep liberty. I think comparing the two is a bit odd, but the gear ratio is alot different on these two vehicles which is why you feel the power differently, however, I have always found the breaking to be better on my MB then the jeep, a much better feel to it. I feel like the MB is better under control when I have to step hard on the break but the jeep feels like it wants to turn sideways a bit. Like I said they are two different cars, if I want to be breaking at 65+mph I will take the MB, if I want to climb a steep hill or go through a ravine I will take the jeep. The C300 is really not a fast car, if you want faster get the C350, want fastest get the C63.
ye I know, I should have bought the C350. I fell in love too soon !

·
Registered
2008 C350 Sport
14 Posts
i drive a 07 liberty for work and a 08 c350 myself and the liberty is junk unless your going offroad. you might want to trade-in on 350.

·
Registered
2010 C300 4Matic
22 Posts
Porshe !!!??
No, seriously! My Jeep Liberty beats a crap out of my MB and you said it is not a Porshe? :eek:
LOL, my C300 4matic does not feel sluggish at all as compare to other cars. Yes, I drove standard shift before and had way more control how I used torque, auto tranny take away some of that unfortunately as it does "thinking for you". Yes my wife's XC V70 (2009) because is turbocharged it does have better response, but C300 is not far behind

·
Registered
2013 C300 Sport Darth V 3.0
788 Posts
Not to sound rude but didn't you take it for a test drive before buying. I know I beat on the demo during my test. As had been said reset the TCU and drive it like you stole it. Response will be better.

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
The C300 is much faster and stops faster than the Jeep Liberty 3.7L automatic.

(I just go rid of my Liberty in September)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OMG !!! It's "BRAKE" not "BREAK" jeezus... spend a little $$$ on your lacking education. I hope you don't have any kids living in that trailer with you...

And I know you'll amazed that Porsche has a "C" in their name... :eek:
You better spend some $$$ on your IQ. Who buys a $45,000 car if they live in trailer? you f***ing retarded stupid imbecile !!
I speak 4 languages and English is the third language I've learned and yes I am not perfect at it. Some times I make mistake. Bring your IQ level above 100 and learn that not all people are English native. BTW, I have BS in Biotechnology and I am working on MS degree not on English language. :eek:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The C300 is much faster and stops faster than the Jeep Liberty 3.7L automatic.

(I just go rid of my Liberty in September)
With all respect, my experience shows otherwise.
My jeep is reacting like missile when I push the gas while my MB is masterbating !!!
And my jeep stops immediately when I push the brake while my MB is ***..... !!!
That's the reality.
:surrender:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not to sound rude but didn't you take it for a test drive before buying. I know I beat on the demo during my test. As had been said reset the TCU and drive it like you stole it. Response will be better.
I did not have time to test road. My wife did and she said it is ok.
The problem is that my wife and I share car and she loves it while I wanted
BMW or AUDi. And you can guess who usually wins !!!
But that's fine . I can handle poor acceleration of MB for some years.:crybaby2:

·
Registered
w204 (C350ELE)
1,262 Posts
Nice. Illiterate "and" thin-skinned - nice combo. I usually find that the people that are most insecure about their intelligence are the first to profess their degrees.
Btw - I run a grad school, you might want to check your school's accreditation if they're letting you get that far in the program with the elementary spelling errors you're consistently creating.
Good luck in your higher education - you'll need it... :rolleyes:
Amaxm,

Loosen up. The guy says English is not his native language. Cut your losses and stick to the thread subjects. I understand what means to mingle in mixed company, but such is the very essence of the World Wide Web fora.

Here I do not know anybody from Adam, but trust that the common bond given by MB be the catalyst to mix us into an stable amalgam with civility as the main ingredient in the chats. The freedom to participate in the chats or not is the factor that prevents the friction created with your message.

Cheers, JV.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought a 2011 in September and I have to admit, the brakes are fantastic. I don't know that much about all the details because I just needed to buy a new car, but I can see the front brakes are cross drilled.

Acceleration is modest at best. I sold an A4 because of maintenance, and while the 1.8T was definitely quicker than my C300, it seems to accelerate fine for my purposes. The only complaint I have is that it seems the computer is constantly trying to slow the car down and I would rather have more control.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did not have time to test road. My wife did and she said it is ok.
The problem is that my wife and I share car and she loves it while I wanted
BMW or AUDi. And you can guess who usually wins !!!
But that's fine . I can handle poor acceleration of MB for some years.:crybaby2:
If you really felt that the C300 is a lot slower than the jeep and also stops slower, then it doesn't matter what you drive - honestly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My jeep is reacting like missile when I push the gas while my MB is masterbating !!!
That's the reality.
Actually that's not 'reality'. MB is faster, period.

·
Registered
2008 mercedes c-350
89 Posts
acc lag

I installed acrossover pipe in mine and it help a lot.From the line my c-350 is decent but the top end leaves a lot to be desired.

·
Registered
101 Posts
That's the reality.
You may just be mistaking the feeling for actual numbers. The MB will definetly stop shorter than the lib. I believe the acceleration #s are close enough that individual examples could go either way, but if I had to bet on one, I'd bet on the MB in a .25 mi.

The Lib being higher with the sloppy suspension will amplify what ever changes are going on; acceleration and breaking being prime examples. If you look at simulators, they have a long moment arm and give the sensation of acceleration/deceleration, and never go anywhere.

Also half way down on the accelerator is no test of performance. Some car mfgrs want it to "feel" fast and design a quick throttle (go test drive an infinity G model). Others want to give more throttle control or emphasize mileage and create a slower throttle.

I let my wife pick her car (2008 ML diesel) and I pick mine. It just works for us. Peace.

·
Registered
w204 (C350ELE)
1,262 Posts
Size of wheels, brake system, type of tires mounted, suspension, drive train, safety components, geometry, driving pilot... these are the elements controlling the effect of actuating the brake, resulting in braking distance, trajectory of the vehicle while stopping, whiplash effect (if any), and engine/transmission coordination to brakes.

The conjugate effect of all these elements would give the MB an advantage over the Jeep. This does not mean the Jeep will brake for a longer distance than the C300 always: it depends upon all those factors in each unit.

Nevertheless, the C300 is a good urban unit. For highway driving, specially medium and long distance, there are more powerful engines if the country driving laws demand them to keep up with high top speeds permitted. This is particularly noticeable in countries with usual ice and snow on the roads.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts