Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new C300 Lux-2010 this summer and I am not very satisfied with its acceleration and breaks.
In order to get my MB going, I have to push the gas half the way down, compare to my wife's Jeep Liberty-2005 I only touch the gas and it acts like a missile on the road. The S mode on MB is not even close to Jeep Liberty acceleration although the number for Net torque is greater than Jeep (221 lb-ft for MB vs 210 lb-ft for Jeep).
The break is not very powerfull as well. My MB won't stop when breaking as good as the Jeep.
Do u guys have the same problem with MB torque and break? or am I expecting too much of MB?

·
Registered
'07 GL320CDI
5,111 Posts
Expecting a Mercedes to behave like jeep is the OPPOSITE of expecting too much.

All you're talking about is how the throttle ratio is programmed.

And, Mercedes don't have breaks, but they do feature brakes.

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,732 Posts
Breaks, brakes, what is the difference ;)
"Poor" acceleration and braking is very nontechnical term.
What is your 0 to 60 comparing to the manufacturer data?
Can't you lock wheels with your MB? Assuming ABS will kick in.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All right, I didn't know the technical word for it (Throttle Ratio). Can it be changed or programmed in the way that it gives me more acceleration?
And can you elaborate on the "Feature break"?
Thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
C300 is only the entry level, its not exactly for the stop light grand prix , probably good at bullying some old 300sd, smart cars , geo metros etc.

If u wanna fast go try something starts with 5 or 6 on the prefix, allow me to suggest the C63, is same body as yours , if u removed the badge from the trunk no one could tell if your rocket can rock until u just move away from them as if they had stopped.
The bad news is yours is just the also ran MB model so is not wise to talk about acceleration. The brakes cant be all bad, even if it cant do 0-60 in 5 secs it should stop that quick though.

have u done some comparative test before u part with your mulla?
Or won her in a 2 dollar draw.
Mind u i dont mind to have more money than brain, after all brains doesnt convert into fast cars.
Your C300 should have better time in 0-60 than my 420sel.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Breaks, brakes, what is the difference ;)
"Poor" acceleration and braking is very nontechnical term.
What is your 0 to 60 comparing to the manufacturer data?
Can't you lock wheels with your MB? Assuming ABS will kick in.
Jeep Liberty and MB both have ABS, but when driving at 40 m/h and see the red light:
The jeep stops immidiately while MB makes me pray next sunday at church ! that's why I dont go to church when driving Jeep! :eek:

·
Registered
113 Posts
my 81 300sd stops better than yours, at least it did come to a stop or else i have creamed the yellow cab infront of me, I think i let my mind wandered and not pay the undivided achtung to the cab.
My 87 420 alos had good brakes too, even the last owner told me there was only 10% pads left when he sold me the car.

I would go back to stealership & strap the service rep in the right seat see if the car will stop or his face be kissing the windshield.
Also why would u put up with such BS as a new owner?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts