Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1997 40th anniversary edition sl500
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:I thought I had a bose stereo system in my car. The last owner replaced the stereo with a nakamichi am/fm/cd player with detachable faceplate. Not knowing a lot about the car stereo I thought it worked with the bose system. the records show that this was installed with four new front door speakers for a total price with labor at 1325.00. I now know that the rest of the bose system was not connected to the new stereo? so as far as i can tell the dash speakers, rear speakers and the rear sub and amp are not hooked up. What do you think would be the best way to go with this set up. remove and sell all bose parts and install more stuff to match the new stereo or bring it back to the original. or leave it be or etc. looking for your stereo know how and recomendations. I have most of the rear of the car apart due to soft top repair at this time. thank you usafrank.

·
Registered
RHD C200K Sport Coupe, RHD SLK-55, LHD SLK-350
451 Posts
Hey Frank - I'd go talk to a decent car audio shop, and get their thoughts.. If the Nakamichi head has line level outputs, I'd think it would be pretty easy to add an amp (or amps! :)), speakers and subs. Depending on your budget, might be easier to just put a new head in as well with all sorts of nice, up-to-date features like iPod, MP3, etc.

I'd not mess with trying to go back to the OEM Bose - you'd basically be stepping back in time about 20 years! ;-)

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your idea I think it's a good one. usafrank

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The first shop stated that the oem would be the best sound of all. But would not want to touch the car unless I wanted to replace everythng. I need to find out if the bose items left in the car work or not. I guess a trip to the dealer for this to find out what is working first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts