Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my C-240 last December and since then lots of problems happening with the car.<br>
First of all, the door seal went off and the brake is squealing.<br>
Bring it to the service department had it fixed, and then 2 more weeks the brake squealed again + faulty brake pedal, the brake pedal is clicking loudly as it is stucked to something.<br>
Bring it to the service department again and fixed.<br>
Next problem is with the moon roof. One day I tried to open the moon roof, but I can't opened it. It only open about 2 cm wide every time you pressed the moon roof button. It is supposed to be a 'one touch' thing,but I have to do it like 30 touch to open the whole thing.<br>
Again, Bring it to the service, got fixed and they said it is unsynchronized.<br>
Last month, both my front seats,driver+passenger made a very loud “rubbing' noise, so when the car is moving on an uneven surface, or meet a very slight turbulence, the seats will make noises and the noise is very irritating because both front seats are making a noise as though it will fall off.<br>
Another problem occurred last month as well with the front part of the car, under the bumper. Same with the seats, a very loud cracking noise is heard when the car went on an uneven road. It is a very loud noise because you can even hear it cracking when you turn on your music loudly. I figured something is wrong with the suspension, so again I brought it to the service department again and let them hear the noise. Even the guy at the service department was shocked as the noise is so loud; because as we drove the car, three combined noise coming out of the car is heard. Driver seat+passenger seat+ front suspension.<br>
They had it fixed and they said there is a problem with the front strut bars.<br>
And guessed what guys, 3 weeks ago, the noise came out again, The same problems and condition which is the front passenger + driver seats + the front suspension.<br>
Right now, the guys at service department don't even know how to fix it. What they said is' wow, that is a very loud and a lot of noise'<br>
I had only 4000 miles on the car, and it had been serviced for about 5 times until now. They said that it is very unusual cause this kind of thing are supposed to happen with a very high mileage car. such as 200,000 miles and above.<br>
<br>
Right now I can't even feel the comfort of driving a Mercedes Benz anymore, even if it got fixed right now, I am sure something will came out again from the car. We'll see what will happen next.<br>
<br>
A major disappointment for me.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had these too:

I also had:<br> <br> - door seal (not solved yet)<br> <br> - squeeky brakes<br> <br> - roof not opening: was just a sticky switch. Move it in all directions hard a few times and then try again.<br> <br> - clicks and noises<br> <br> Am sure they are all OK to get sorted out though - I consider them minor as long as MB fixes them.<br> <br> Mike<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The same sort of thing has happened with me. I have a C 240 with 7000 kilometres on it that I got in January.<br> <br> It has been in for wind noise three times and they have replaced all the window seals on the drivers side window and it is just barely better now. It is still annoying.<br> <br> Also had to have it in for a fault light that said I had to lower engine oil level. Dealer said it was fixed and it was just a software problem. Two minutes after I drove it away the fault light came on again. I took it back and they had to order and replace a sensor in the engine.<br> <br> I went from a VW Passat to the C 240 and now I am wishing that I had stuck with the Passat. I didnt have it in as many times in the four years that I drove it. Mercedes quality is an illusion.<br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seat fix, very easy. The underlying problem is the plastic bushings ( 2 ) that each seat cushion hinges on is not nylon. Get some spray lithium grease and using the red spray nozzle, spray into the seat bushings ( clear plastic, underneath the cushion in front) where they hinge on the crossbar. Do not use silicone spray or WD-40.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts