Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Would you eat at a restaurant with great food and service despite poor washroom facilities?

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
83 280 SL- 5 speed-The PIG
31,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...you're hungry. You and your partner want to go out to eat.

You've heard great things about restaurant XYZ.

Great reviews, people raving on social media, neighbour's recommendations...coworkers go after work...line ups to get in....yadda yadda.

All talk about how amazing the food and service is.

However....people have also commented on the bathrooms...both the male and female bathrooms.

Outdated and not that clean.

Do you go and enjoy the food and service DESPITE the bathroom issue??

·
Registered
1974 450SL (always needs something!) new djet engine 1991; 1961 Besasie X-3 (being restored)
1,426 Posts
Yes. Go before you leave home. There are always gas stations if you can hold it that long.

·
Registered
1998 ML320, 2015 GL350
265 Posts
Well, the staff needs to use the same bathrooms? NO, just not clean.

·
Premium Member
1983 380 SL
4,024 Posts
I avoid restaurants... never did like them. However, I don't give a shiot about what the bathroom looks like.

·
31,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1972 350sl 240k miles silver with blue interior. 1973 450sl
185 Posts
and to keep it on topic, if I go to look at a car for sale or to inspect for a client and find a dirty floors, food wrappers, shit in the trunk etc it gives me a clue to the rest of it. exhaust systems are a "tell tale", if they are hanging or a sloppy install and or crooked, I figure the rest of the mechanicals are junk....and I am usually right.

·
Registered
'79 450SL, '04 CLK200 convertible; former A124, W210, A209.
3,008 Posts
I think I'd give it a shot, some of the best Thai and Chinese I ever had was in places that looked dodgy - but the food, OMG! :love: :love: :love:

And by far THE BEST Vietnamese I ever had came from a mobile kitchen trailer, which obviously didn't come with silly things like bathrooms for the customers.... Or even the chef for that matter :D

·
Registered
'80 450SLC Afro RHD Ikonengold
3,153 Posts
So...you're hungry. You and your partner want to go out to eat
Rule number one: never dine out with your partner. Lunch and breakfast is OK, not a dinner. Work will be the first casualty.

I generally never return to places with toilets that are not commensurate with their price range

·
31,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rule number one: never dine out with your partner.
The word partner was used so as not to offend anyone who didn't have a husband or wife.

·
Outstanding Contributor, Vintage Moderator
450slc5.0cab 280sl5sp 280se4.5 500se+500slAMG +250seStkW108 350sl4spdX3 500secEuro
23,827 Posts
The word partner was used so as not to offend anyone who didn't have a husband or wife.
Raising kids today. This skit wasn’t what I’d expected, but so damn true about the world today.

·
W166, W251 Moderator
1987 560SL - Signal Red, 2014 ML350 - Diamond White, 2019 Ford Explorer - Magnetic (company car)
1,263 Posts
Yes would go, as we are going there for the food, not to visit restroom or get home improvement ideas :p

I find that many times that smaller mom and pop dining places have amazing food and service, but they do not look fancy or attract high end customers.

·
Registered
1987 560SL (L.Tonk) [92,700 miles]
522 Posts
So long as the health board hasn’t shut them down, I’d go for it. I’ve barked a loaf in some super sketchy bathrooms in various parts of the world so have greatly lowered my bar on what is acceptable.

Curiously, according to my Aussie friend who has traveled around the world more than once, the absolute most disgusting bathroom in the world is at a gas station just off the 101 in Hollywood.

·
Registered
1986 560 SL
7,645 Posts
The concept of clean facilities is far from universal. In most of the world they are shitholes.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts