Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to buy a 2000 E55 AMG 4matic.
The thing is that this car has perforated seats with heating and cooling, BUT not the normal E55 seats that are perforated nappa leather with a different stitching.
They look like standard seats,but perforated.
The seat have codes,211A,242,275,401,404,405.
The seats are ok,but need to know if it's correct that they don't have the different stitching like all other E55 I have seen.
This is a car that there are less than 15 of world wide so it's hard to find one to compare.

·
Registered
W210 E55
149 Posts
I'm about to buy a 2000 E55 AMG 4matic.
The thing is that this car has perforated seats with heating and cooling, BUT not the normal E55 seats that are perforated nappa leather with a different stitching.
They look like standard seats,but perforated.
The seat have codes,211A,242,275,401,404,405.
The seats are ok,but need to know if it's correct that they don't have the different stitching like all other E55 I have seen.
This is a car that there are less than 15 of world wide so it's hard to find one to compare.
So, this is a wagon/estate? Where are you located? I don't think the W210 E55 Estate was imported to the US. Seats could be a swap. Are you sure on the year? I don't think any E55 came in 4matic sedan form..but I'm sure the gods will chime in. Tell me where you found the code on your seat and I'll check mine tonight for cross-ref.

·
Premium Member
1989 560sec 6.0L AMG & Renntech
2,355 Posts
^^^ There were a handful of E55 4matics made.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^^ There were a handful of E55 4matics made.
Yes,and not many T models.
I just wonder if the AMG seats have a specific code that I don't have.
The code is from the data card on wis online.
I guess the codes/data card are in the service booklet in US as in Europe.
I live in Norway.

·
Registered
W210 E420/E50 AMG '97, BMW 116d 2012
14 Posts
this one? FINN.no - Mulighetenes marked
hope not! looks like there where more uncertain factors in the interiors! looks a bit like a mash up between a east german Taxi E200 classic ´96 and a E55

·
Registered
14 Posts
oh sorry for my rude comment and congrats!! are u in oslo too?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No problem :-D.
It's not more than under 10 of th station wagons so there a5r not many to choose from.
I guess I can make a car of it :-D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes they are very rare! And great cars! Would love to see it one day! I also have a w210 AMG, but only exhaust and bodykit, rest is E420. But I just love the sound of those German V8´s! BTW have you checked if your car is a rebuild or if it is an original? The looks of the interior gives me a strong feeling that its not original.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That was the thing i was worried about too.
But I have found 6 sedans around the world and all of them had the same interior so I think the few 4-matics was different.
The seats look like new and have cooling, heating, pneumatics.. And i like them better than the AMG seats because the leather look less used after 100k km.
The data card says E55T AMG 4MATIC and the options are correct so I don't know what more to check.

·
Banned
0 Posts
The exhaust looks correct as well as the smoked tail lights.

The wood on the interior doesn't look right though. I thought E55s only came with the dark wood in them. I had no idea MB made 4matic E55s so I could very well be wrong there as well.

What are those strips next to the top set of switches? I've never seen those before.

·
Registered
1998 E55T Widebody, 1997 AMG E60, 1996 AMG E50
52 Posts
Exclusive AMG leather seats were an option on Euro E55T's AFAIK. The data card for my 1998 E55T lists them as code 581A-Exclusive graphite/Anthracite AMG Leather.

Car looks good!

·
Registered
2005 W215 CL500
3,584 Posts
The exhaust looks correct as well as the smoked tail lights.

The wood on the interior doesn't look right though. I thought E55s only came with the dark wood in them. I had no idea MB made 4matic E55s so I could very well be wrong there as well.

What are those strips next to the top set of switches? I've never seen those before.
The strips indicate the ventilation function of the front seats. It's in the manual.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
One thing is for sure with the 4-matic, its impressive grip when you go full throttle from standstill and turning at the same time. You are waiting for the rear end to come out, but it doesn't. And the ESP does not set inn :-D
The only issue is that I sometimes hit the rev limiter in first gear before it gets in to second gear.
I read it's a known issue with C43, E55.., but what's the best way to solve this? Engine or transmission ECU mapping?

·
Registered
Tercel
534 Posts
Let me expand this.

For heated seat function, the lights in the "strip" are colored red. When they are in vent mode the color is blue.

Those are indicator lights for vented/heated seats.

The wood interior is exactly like mine. But the seats are not.

·
Registered
W211/W210 Estate /W209/W208
1,970 Posts
I added full option seats into my W210 wagon Heat,Ventilated,Multicontour.My wagon came with basic seats,upgrades to heat .......Then full option seats! Well worth the costs
The standard front seats make great office chairs!

MBenzNL - 2000 S210 E320

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I agree with you.
I have 2 E55 AMG 4Matic now. The 2000 model leather seats is stiffer and feel larger in a way compared to the 2001 model. Strange.
My wife has back injury and needed pillow in non multiconture cars but don't need that in any of these :-D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts