Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 500SEL AMG, 90 560SEC AMG, 85 500SEC AMG Widebody
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NOS W126 AMG kit - springs, shocks, hardware and the original AMG box they came in on German eBay:

AMG / MERCEDES * W 126 AMG KOMPLETT - FAHRWERK * NEU bei eBay.de: Fahrwerke (endet 10.11.10 17:09:12 MEZ)

Pick up only - outside of Stuttgart. Plus, if bought by a non-German BW member, shipping would be a pill - heavy! Opening price 600 Euros or $780 - very fair considering H&R's and Bilstein HD's would cost about that much.

Rare to ever see this kind of kit show up - how many outside of Barry Taylor's stash exist? And I doubt Barry even has the shocks.

Al

·
Premium Member
Tribute 500SEC AMG Widebody
6,240 Posts
well f' me sideway... ROOOOOOLAAAAAAANNNNNNND!!!!!

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts
Barry taylor, owner of AMG West

NOS W126 AMG kit - springs, shocks, hardware and the original AMG box they came in on German eBay:

AMG / MERCEDES * W 126 AMG KOMPLETT - FAHRWERK * NEU bei eBay.de: Fahrwerke (endet 10.11.10 17:09:12 MEZ)

Pick up only - outside of Stuttgart. Plus, if bought by a non-German BW member, shipping would be a pill - heavy! Opening price 600 Euros or $780 - very fair considering H&R's and Bilstein HD's would cost about that much.

Rare to ever see this kind of kit show up - how many outside of Barry Taylor's stash exist? And I doubt Barry even has the shocks.

Al
I think he does.

I saw this upstairs last year when I was there.

and some W126 AMG springs too.

It's beeen a year and a half. I need to take him out to lunch and talk to him.

We have known each other for 25 years.

In his office, March 2009:

I always liked him.

·
Premium Member
6,240 Posts

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
thats not a bad price...I paid a little less for mine from Japan.

Jono

·
Premium Member
6,240 Posts
I think he does.

I always liked him.
He does but take what the BIN price was on the DE auction and multiply it by 2.12 and then by 1.42 before you could walk away with a set. You could laminate the receipt from beeteeE and maybe that'll be found value add. :)

·
Premium Member
Daily: 2000 Kleemann Supercharged CLK 430. Seductress: 1988 Jap AMG SEC Widebody
1,199 Posts
Kinda like what the poor townsfolk said about the Heatmeister in that oh-so-famous claymation creation: "Everything he touches..... stays in his clutches.... he's to muches."

·
Premium Member
6,240 Posts
Kinda like what the poor townsfolk said about the Heatmeister in that oh-so-famous claymation creation: "Everything he touches..... stays in his clutches.... he's to muches."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts