https://www.news.com.au/world/asia/kim-jon-brutal-response-to-failed-us-talks/news-story/555313eb933faf400cb7ae496faf5009North Korea has executed Kim Hyok Chol, its special envoy to the US, and foreign ministry officials who carried out working-level negotiations for the second US-North Korea summit in February, holding them responsible for its collapse, a South Korean newspaper reports.
Kim Yong Chol, a senior official who had been US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo’s counterpart in the run-up to the summit between President Donald Trump and leader Kim Jong-un in Hanoi, is also said to have been subjected to forced labour and ideological education, the Chosun Ilbo said
So yeah..new (acting)..who knows..WH Press Secratary Stephanie Griffin, got roughed up by N.Korean Security at the Rendevous.
Trump doesnt get it....these guys would kill him if given the chance-order.
He is playing with Fire.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/kim-jong-un-begs-north-koreans-for-cash-to-keep-his-dads-body-frozen-in-ice/ar-AAEnnoc?ocid=spartanntp#image=AAEnnoc_1|1Despot Kim Jong-un is “forcing” factory workers to stump up to keep his dead ancestors embalmed – and on display to the public.
North Korea is struggling to afford the cost of preserving the corpses of their former leaders, Kim Il-sung and his son Kim Jong-il.
So Supreme Leader Kim is expecting his impoverished citizens to pick up the £320,000-a-year bill.
The embalmed bodies of Kim’s grandad and dad are on display in the capital Pyongyang’s Kumsusan Palace of the Sun.
But money is tight with the United Nations sanctions that have been imposed to curb Kim’s weapons programmes – preventing the rogue state trading with other countries.
Kim’s regime is now asking factory staff to pay up, and receive a certificate of loyalty in return.
But one report claims that the people are not happy with the plan.
The source said: “Some people think it is ridiculous how the authorities are ignoring their livelihoods while trying to raise money to keep dead bodies from rotting.”
News outlet Radio Free Asia reported: “There was a ceremony to award certificates for the Kim Il-sung and Kim Jong-il Fund to factory representatives.
“They gave the certificates to party members and workers who donated money to show their loyalty.
“It will be used to help with the upkeep of the Palace of the Sun.”
The source said a speech, given in the province of North Pyongan, encouraged people to learn from the loyalty of the donors and to help by participating in raising funds.
But it added: “The party forced all workers to make regular *contributions to the Palace of the Sun, saying they would give commendations and *preference to donors.
“They claimed that regular loyalty donations will go into the fund, which will honour the great leaders who *contributed their lives to the prosperity of their country and the happiness of our people.”
On top of everything else I could say about this, it's just friggin' macabre. Russians did the same thing with Lenin's corpse.
(ATTN: ADDS more details, photo, byline)
By Oh Seok-min
SEOUL, July 25 (Yonhap) -- North Korea on Thursday fired two unidentified projectiles from near its east coast town of Wonsan into the East Sea, South Korea's Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS) said.
The incident came amid growing uncertainty over the prospects of working-level talks that the leaders of North Korea and the U.S. agreed to hold in the near future when they met at the inter-Korean border last month.
According to the JCS, the North "fired one unidentified projectile at 5:34 a.m. and the other at 5:57 a.m., from Wonsan areas into the East Sea, and they flew around 430 kilometers," according to the JCS.
"Our military is closely monitoring the situation in case of additional launches while maintaining a readiness posture," it noted.
South Korean and the U.S. intelligence authorities are analyzing exactly what the North launched, according to the JCS.
Given the flight range, Pyongyang on Thursday appears to have test-fired its version of Russia's Iskander ballistic missiles, just as it had done back in May, according to experts.
On May 4, the North launched a fusillade of projectiles, which involved "a new type of tactical guided weapon" and 240-mm and 300-mm multiple rocket launcher systems. Five days later, it fired a barrage of projectiles, including two short-range missiles.
Though Seoul and Washington have not confirmed the exact types of the missiles, Defense Minister Jeong Kyeong-doo said he believes the weapons North Korea fired in two rounds of tests in May were nearly the same type, though some differences have been spotted.
The latest firings took place ahead of possible talks between Pyongyang and Washington on the North's nuclear weapons program.
In June, North Korean leader Kim Jong-un and U.S. President Donald Trump agreed to resume their working-level talks within a few weeks.
While Pyongyang has reportedly not responded to Washington's offer for dialogue, it called on the U.S. and South Korea to cancel their combined military exercise slated for August, warning that the drill would scuttle ongoing efforts to resume its nuclear talks.
The latest firing also came just days after the North Korean leader inspected a newly built submarine, calling for the deployment of naval forces to boost his country's military capabilities, according to the North's Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) on Tuesday.