Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. I have been going back and forth about this for a while and now the weather is getting considerably warmer here in the deep south so I need to buy my new 18" rims and tires.

I've wrestled with the overall look of the car and I really want a more aggressive look and I think 5-spoke rims do that (as opposed to the BBS style black rims I was contemplating). Having said that, I have narrowed my choices down to the 2 rims pictured below.

Rim #1: I like the first rim, as I am going for a white/black look to the car (black grille, black projector lights, etc.) My only issue with the first rim is that it may make my ride look too 'ghetto'. I like the balance of the black paint on the rim though.

Rim #2: This one has been a favorite since the process started. I think they look aggressive without looking too ghetto-ey or tuner-ish. I don't care as much for the color though.

Your thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
Can you imagine how difficult will be to clean the bolts around the rim. My recommendation will be a wheel without any bolts around.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Not a fan of them Sorry, But if I had to pick one of them........#2

But I implore you to reconsider your wheel options !!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not a fan of them Sorry, But if I had to pick one of them........#2

But I implore you to reconsider your wheel options !!

Well my other option was this one... but it seems a bit boring to me...

Also - below that is my actual car... black and white is a nice contrast and that is the only reason I'd favor the rim in this post (of course it will be 5-bolt lol).

Obviously I like the bolts around the rims for some reason...

Attachments

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the Rial rim much, much better than your other two choices.

Hmmm - I know it is a bit different, but I love the look of these ASAs... albeit they are a bit extreme... Look at these pics on other cars... (of crouse on the SLK they will look 20 times better)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
OMG They look fcuking horrid, Im not joking horrid, Looks cheap and boy racer.

Need a rim on the back of a slk, Just looks right, Have a close look at the red car on right side rears, Dont you think they look silly, And wheel you can run on front or rear wheel drive car, look shit on rwd cars

On here there is a load of slk pickys, its a old post that I found yesterday, But can find it again today Grrrrrr, But some very very sexy slk's in that post.

The last set of wheels you posted are by far the best.

·
Registered
759 Posts
i think rim 2 with spokes painted black and rim satin would be great. black wheels look great always. especially on white car.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
i think rim 2 with spokes painted black and rim satin would be great. black wheels look great always. especially on white car.
Yeah - I know...

I am actually going to go with the rims pictured below (to enhance the white-on-black look)... I love the stance of these wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
586 Posts
Put a Mercedes star in the center of the ASA black mesh 5-bolt wheels and you have a winner... IMHO.

·
Registered
478 Posts
yup yup.. go wif with asa rims. fyi. have u considered 19s?? i have 18s and while they are a compromise for a daily car, if your wallet is not restricted and you want the agressive look. think 19s..

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Put a Mercedes star in the center of the ASA black mesh 5-bolt wheels and you have a winner... IMHO.

yes, but how... I hear the center caps are different sizes... is there and adhesive cap with the Benz logo?

Oh - and as for 18" vs. 19" I'd rather have the 18" as they are more driveable and look a 'bit more stock' than 19"... but thanks for the advice...

Oh - and I love that I can buy these in 18" through Tirerack.com with tires and they will mount, balance, and ship to me for under $100.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Now we are talking !!

Much much much better then the other two, The rim lip makes all the diff.

Im glad you looked again m8.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts