Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thanks for the many posts, i needed the help with my rides. my wife's 76 450SL has been a pit but the car is loved so i will finish her as money permits. my 84 190E is coming up after sitting for some time. the heater box was finished a few days ago and i will be putting her back together.

this forum got me on track for rebuilding the vacuum pods, thanx! whoever said the 2-way pods couldn't be properly rebuilt is wrong IMO, they went great and total throw was changed by .5mm or less.on 1 half, none on the other.

i hope the rest of the system checks out so i can get her going.

we do have world class junk yards here in sacramento. if anyone needs scouting for a few things perhaps i can help. i went to pick and pull (the worst cars) and found a rarity last week- in the south sac yard where they have very few mercedes i found an exact match for my gold 1984 190E. here's the kicker: it looked like it just came out of the detail shop before it went to the junk yard! too bad i didn't have the cash to scour the whole thing.:thumbsup:

i'd like to see more info on component repair. any direction on the tempmatic pushbutton units? also both my rigs have stuck odometers, as did my 300SD. the local speedo shop charges $150 to clean/lube/fix, that's with me handing them the speedo. i need to do my own for that money. I guess i'll post a new thread asking for that since it is sooo prevalent.

thanks again to all contributors!!! :D

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Welcome to Benzworld

1 - 2 of 2 Posts