Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Boeing 777, '05 CLK500 Cab, '02 Land Rover Discovery, '02 Ducati 998
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Long time admirer of these beautiful cars, first time owner. I have a few questions that have probably been answered a million times before on here but I cant find them.

I recently purchased an '01 CLK 430 Cab with the nav system.

Question 1... I live in the southeastern US and need a disc to make the Nav system work, any economical discs out there? Also, I bought a Land Rover Maintenance disc for about $10 shipped is there anything like that out there for MB?

Question 2... The car came with only 1 remote key, is there a way to program a remote if I were to buy it from eBay or does it have to come from MB?

Question 3... The service B message comes on everytime I start it, I tried the step by step on here but the message continues to display.

Im sure I will have more but those are the ones that I can think of right now... Thanks in advance.

Duc

·
Registered
02 E55; 99 CLK430 (Sold)
1,795 Posts
#1 I know you can buy nav discs on ebay. That's about all I have to offer on that.

#2 You cannot get them off ebay and program them. You have to do it at the dealership or find the link for the chrome key and purchase from there. They're nice looking keys.

#3 If you don't want to do the service or feel like doing it yourself, it says in the owner's manual how to turn it off.

·
Registered
Boeing 777, '05 CLK500 Cab, '02 Land Rover Discovery, '02 Ducati 998
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

1...I found disc #9 on eBay, I just didnt know if all versions will work with all Nav systems?

2...I was afraid of that

3...The dealer at least (not sure if they did the complete B service) changed the oil before I picked it up but didnt reset the service B, I found the link on here for the reset and it worked.

Thanks again,
Duc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts