Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i dont own a benz this question is about my moms car so i dont have as much info as i normally would if it were mine. but.......2003 C320 hesitates badly under 3/4 to full throttle. there is no check engine light on. i dont have service history but aside from normal tuneup stuff is there anything obvious that could be pointed out? i cleaned the MAF and air filters and it helped a little but still major hesitation here. thanks for the help in advance

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
i'd try changing the fuel filter because it is cheap. you can also try to scan the codes even if the light isn't on because there may be stored codes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i thought about that as a possibility, not sure if it has been done yet but when i say hesitates i mean it feels like the ecu is pulling the timing back or a major vacuum leak, light throttle you dont notice it but anything more than half it gets bad

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
clogged fuel injectors or weak fuel pump are other possibilities. I'd think vac leak would turn on MIL but maybe not. you can try to run a bottle of techron through it. there are places you can send them to (witchhunter.com is one I've used for another car) and they can professionally test and clean them.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,441 Posts
How many miles are on the clock? Anything over 100K and you may be looking at problems with the supercharger or clogged catalytic converters.

·
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,441 Posts
Oops, sorry - I must be getting dyslexic (getting old is a real PITA). I see - C320, not C230. And 81K is probably too early for cat problems, but it's still possible. So, the hesitation, is it only from take-off, or anytime you accelerate, even at highway speeds?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol, it happens at any speed, from a start or normal road speeds just runs like $ hit under sporting acceleration

·
Registered
2003 MB C320 4MATIC Wagon
2 Posts
paranoia?

I just got a C320 4matic two weeks ago. It was a great deal from a legit dealer, but i feel possible hints of the same thing happening to me (or im just paranoid because i DONT want anything to happen)... mine seems to only happen under light acceleration at low speeds. normally when i startup in the a.m.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, maybe I fixed it, took it on the highway and kick the $hit out of it, runs good now!
My mom puts 89 octane in too which maybe contributing to the problem

·
19,441 Posts
You know, this thread reminded me of another possibility. - the defective Valeo radiator that lets coolant and transmission fluid mix. Do a visual inspection (see this thread) and make sure you don't have that one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts