Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry about this topic again but I could use some guidance please. I did a search first and decided to go to the Tire Rack for ceramic brake pads. Once there, I learned that Akebono doesn't make front pads for my 04 C320 sedan so they suggested Hawk. My goal is to minimize brake dust and keep stopping power about as good as OEM. No spirited driving here, just ordinary commuting with a female operator. Question: should I go with the Hawk fronts or look into another brand such as Bendix? Your thoughts please.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I just ran into the same issue on my 04 c240 wagon. It's hard to find ceramics for the front. I ended up going Akebono in the rear and Pagid up front. I will definitely have more dust up front with the Pagids.

In your case I wouldn't hesitate to go with the Hawk pads. They are good pads and are low dust. Stopping power is excellent as well. That's my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
355 Posts
They do make Akebono pads for the 2004 but it has to be the later 2004s with the 5 spoke wheels, 4 piston brakes and cross drilled rotors. Most aftermarket places aren't aware of the suttle differences between an early 2004 and a late 2004 so they may not know which pads to get you.
Good point. You do need to know that info when brake part shopping. The 2004.5 and up MY is a different ball game parts wise...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts