Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

non MB phone work on steering wheel??

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Zoid 
#1 ·
Hi,
Has anyone try to get a non MB phone to accept calls from the steering wheel(car has no COMMAND unit)
Help appreciated

#3 ·
Yes it does and I have the 6310i install kit

It works with the steering wheel controls but not without the Installetaion kit.

I had ordered two units but ended up using only one (sold my ML). I have the phone installed in my E320 and it works like magic. It does not matter if you the command or reguler MB radio as the wiring is already there for the phone.

Let me know if you are interested. You can e-mail me and I can give you more details.

svinaik@comcast.net

#4 ·
Re: Yes it does and I have the 6310i install kit

It works with the steering wheel controls but not without the Installetaion kit.

I had ordered two units but ended up using only one (sold my ML). I have the phone installed in my E320 and it works like magic. It does not matter if you the command or reguler MB radio as the wiring is already there for the phone.

Let me know if you are interested. You can e-mail me and I can give you more details.

svinaik@comcast.net
My C Scoupe does not have any wires for phones connections.
Can it work?
Thanks

#5 ·
Yes, you just have to add the wires and fibre optic cabling for the phone connections, a...

Yes, you just have to add the wires and fibre optic cabling for the phone connections, and a microphone if you do not have one; if your car does not have an antenna, you'll have to add that too. Plus of course the phone kit: handset, PSE, handset clip, and screws. Getting the phone too wouldn't hurt.

-s-

#6 ·
Re: Yes, you just have to add the wires and fibre optic cabling for the phone connections, a

Yes, you just have to add the wires and fibre optic cabling for the phone connections, and a microphone if you do not have one; if your car does not have an antenna, you'll have to add that too. Plus of course the phone kit: handset, PSE, handset clip, and screws. Getting the phone too wouldn't hurt.

-s-
Thanks for the info,do you have the part numbers for the above so that I can get from the dealer.As all MB car in my region (rather the dealer) would not cater for phone options even when you book a new car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.