Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2011 E550A Cabrio; 2008 BMW 328i (South Africa)
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have received a quote for installation of a UHI phone kit that is substantially less than what my local MB dealer wants. The installer claims they use all original equipment.

I have a call into my local dealer to ask what the impact would be on my warranty should I decide to have this done. In the meantime, has anyone looked into this with their dealer? If so, what was their response?

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
BogeyGolfer - 3/2/2005 4:21 PM

I have received a quote for installation of a UHI phone kit that is substantially less than what my local MB dealer wants. The installer claims they use all original equipment.

I have a call into my local dealer to ask what the impact would be on my warranty should I decide to have this done. In the meantime, has anyone looked into this with their dealer? If so, what was their response?
I dont think the dealer has a right to object or make any complaints. Just keep a log of the parts used and the numbers attached. Truth be told that is all that Mercedes is really concerned about. If they are all STAR branded parts then there is no reason to cause a concern.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts