Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1991 w126 420SEL, 1986 w126 Euro 560SEC (option 822), 2000 E55, 2003 E55, 2003 SL55
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I redid the trans on the SEC everywhere I searched spec'd a red modulator. The old one was black by the way. Digging around some more I have found that the 300hp motors used a black one with 29psi instead of 25psi. The car is shifting good at start and once warm shifts perfect. Aside from the obvious red/black and 29/25psi is there any difference. Could a red be turned up to the 29psi. Not a big deal to go in and change just have to find which other car uses that black one sense every dealer and online place say's red for my car. Any thoughts even if it is your fine. I fixate on things.

Second Question is that with the fresh rework on said trans I now have sprung a leak at what appears to be the cap for the governor. Is there anything else there that would be causing fluid loss? I looked at the trans manual and don't see much of a seal related to that item. My guess is that the new found pressure in trans found new exit:D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts