Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

401 - 420 of 446 Posts

·
Registered
1986 560SL
234 Posts
I was reading Roncallo's great sticky about overhauling his AC and he has a link on that posting to a cooling system redo that occurred at the same time. I found it to be very helpful and thorough yet I do not see it on the EG site. 6 months from now when I want to redo my cooling I'm not going to remember to visit his AC redo posting.
Maximumbob

·
R/C107 Moderator
1986 560SL: '84 500SL: '84 280SL 5 speed: other 107s
32,777 Posts
I was reading Roncallo's great sticky about overhauling his AC and he has a link on that posting to a cooling system redo that occurred at the same time. I found it to be very helpful and thorough yet I do not see it on the EG site. 6 months from now when I want to redo my cooling I'm not going to remember to visit his AC redo posting.
Maximumbob
I leave the EGv107 up to Dig and Dave. You need to provide a link to the thread you are nominating.

·
Registered
1987 560SL, 2000 Kawasaki W650
1,088 Posts
For the electrical section, to address the cruise control system , a link to JamesDean’s excellent website would be a good addition. He has a thorough diagnostic procedure for both the CC amplifier and the actuator. He also offers repair/restoration service for the the instrument cluster and climate control.

Thanks

Tom

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
83 280 SL- 5 speed-The PIG
31,025 Posts
For the electrical section, to address the cruise control system , a link to JamesDean’s excellent website would be a good addition. He has a thorough diagnostic procedure for both the CC amplifier and the actuator. He also offers repair/restoration service for the the instrument cluster and climate control.

Thanks

Tom
The title of this particular thread that YOU posted in is called:

"Nominate A Thread"

You have not provided a thread link OR a link to ANYTHING, for that matter.

These guys work here for free, in their spare time.

Help them out, will ya???

·
Premium Member
1987 560SL
2,391 Posts
Thanks
Tom
I agree on the servo cruise control diagnostics. On the vacuum cruise control the page says "please create my content." The climate control dropdown menu is disappointing because they go nowhere. Nonetheless, the servo cc section is outstanding for anyone trying to figure this out, even though he is selling his services.

·
31,025 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I a. On the vacuum cruise control the page says "please create my content." The climate control dropdown menu is disappointing because they go nowhere.
On the Vacuum CC page, just below “Create my content,” the two blue sentences, “Vacuum Actuator Testing ” and “Controls Signals Testing,” are links to diagnostic procedures for those items. Click on the sentences for further info.

Or just use these to get there:

http://www.cruisecontrolrepair.com/vacuum-system-diagnostics

http://www.cruisecontrolrepair.com/10-pin-control-signal-testing

Not a great web design, it’s another example of Sturgeon’s Law. It’s often a weak point of small businesses’ web presence.

·
31,025 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I see that roncallo’s AC and coolant thread was suggested for inclusion in the EGv sometime back but the link was not posted. I’m gathering up my gumption to do the coolant change, using that handy thread for guidance. Here’s the link:

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1986 560SL with M120 V12 Engine, 1988 560SL Stock
11,849 Posts
I would like to nominate the transmission bowden cable thread, by Bauk18

·
Premium Member
'72 350SL, '85 300D, '98 E320, '19 Subaru Outback (sold '14 GLK250)
11,685 Posts
If allowed by OP, seconded :)

401 - 420 of 446 Posts