Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys,<br> <br> this question has been asked before I am sure... <br> in the armrest of the car there is a rj 45 like wire used to connect to the MB solution which costs like 1500$ I have a Nokia 8390 that I would like to hook up to this wire to be able to some some of the functions (mic, speakers, antenna, signal boost etc). can this be done at all ? I found the pinout on the armrest side. If I get the Nokia side, can I match them up ?<br> thx in advance<br> andre<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
That cable goes to the trunk where trunk<br> where the interface box between the fibre-optic (D2B) ring (that the head-unit, cd, phone, voice-recognition etc) sits on. It ends up in a 25pin<br> d-type connector.<br> Also, the leads from the microphone etc go<br> to that 25 pin connector.<br> <br> Maybee its possible to make some sort of jumper<br> up that allows you to plug phone into that cable<br> and link stuff up. - but it sounds easier just<br> to fit a new hands-free kit

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very interested in installing phone in my C230. <br>
<br>
Is it okay to assume the the RJ45 wiring and the circuit connection in the trunk are identical to that in the C240? Also, Richard, I notice you're located in UK. Is there a difference in the wiring done for American import models the same as the ones sold in the UK?<br>
<br>
Would like to get as much schematic information as possible. What is available where?<br>
<br>
Thanks very much, <br>
Howard

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Andre,<br> <br> You wrote that you have the pinout for the RJ45 in the armrest of the 2002 C240. Could you email it to me?<br> <br> Thanks,<br> <br> Jeff

·
Registered
ML500
140 Posts
[quote]
Is it okay to assume the the RJ45 wiring and the circuit connection in the trunk ...

Is it okay to assume the the RJ45 wiring and the circuit connection in the trunk are identical to that in the C240?
I beleive it is all the same

Also, Richard, I notice you're located in UK. Is there a difference in the wiring done for American import models the same as the ones sold in the UK?
Pretty much the same, an adapter loom is used to convert it to match the US phone controller.
I say pretty much the same, because there are 2-3 variants here (fixed, mobile (gsm 900), mobile (dual/tri-band)

Schematics ? You have to talk nicely to your dealer's service department.

Cheers
R

·
Registered
2001 C240
13 Posts
Also Interested

I am also interested in the pinouts. If you could mail them, that would be great.

A discovery that I made is that, at Target, they sell these generic handsfree cell phone kits. Once you buy the kit, you then buy the adapter for your phone. This adpater has the phone connector on one end, and an RJ45 on the other.

To make it even better, the phone end housing is held togther with screws, so very easy to take apart and rewire. Which is helpful since the kit only uses 6 wires.

I found it on sale for less than $5.00 (US).

Thanks in advance,

EricJRW (@yahoo.com)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts