Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys,

I have bought a Bluetooth SAP V2 Phone Cradle Part No (A2048200535) or see link : Mercedes-Benz of Milton Keynes

I am having issues with downloading/accessing the SIM/Phone book contact. I have access to non so have to manually remember and dial all number!

The handset seems to pair and work fine in that I can dial manually and receive calls. However i keep getting a message at the bottom of the screen saying "Reading SIM" which doesn't seem to go away. Is this a known issue? as I would assume it wouldn't more than 10-15mins to download phone contact to the Command unit once paired.

Once paired, phone book contacts are not sent to the Command and nor can I access them via the Command. I cannot also dial from the phone once paired (which I assume is normal). I have the SIM access switched on, but don't know why the Command doesn't pick up the contacts.

Has anybody else experienced this? or know of a working solution/tip to fix?

I am based in the UK if that makes any difference and the vehicle is a European 2007 SL ans is the SAP V2 Cradle.

Any help much appreciated.
Thanks,
Mistam

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
This does not sound like a previously reported issue. Perhaps you could try your phone with another SIM card.

You should also be able to send your phone book as business cards (visitor cards) from your phone to your Comand phone book. If I remember right, it is better to switch remote SIM off, then go to the phone's address book, select "mark all" and send via BT to Comand (I believe you have to pair the phone from Comand first).

But if the car remains reading the SIM card or waiting for it to respond, that may block some other tasks.

You could also try to set the sync server version to 1.1 from the sync menu at the phone.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help. I tired what was suggested. Still doesn't work. Tired with both SIM access ON and OFF on the phone. When I turn off the SIM Access, the phone doesn't pair. If SIM access in swithced ON, the phone pairs, but when I select ALL CONTACTS and send as a Business Card, my handset gives a failure message. All very strange as the phone in theory should work fine.

There also seems to be another issue once the phone is paired in that when I manually dial numbers on the command, the calls are not stored regardless of whether they have been received, manually dialled or missed. i.e I cannot go into the menu's and see any numbers.

Server version is 1.1. Is there another way to sync the server apart from selecting "mark all" and "send as Business Card"? Would any of the settings in the Sync Menu stop my phone from sending/accessing the SIM COntacts ?

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
From above I read you have a 2007 SL with Comand head unit and a BT SAP adapter?

The phone is not supposed to pair with the BT SAP adapter if you switch remote SIM off. What I suggested was turning remote SIM off when you send your phone book as business cards.

Which BT device did you try to send the business cards to? You should not send them to your BT adapter (my BT SAP adapter appears with the BT name "MB Telephone"). You should first pair you phone, from the Comand BT menu, with your head unit (my Comand/UHI appears with the BT name "UHI-SNxxxx".

First pair the phone starting from Comand, then select all phone book entries and send over BT to this "UHI" device.

I assume you have set the BT adapter authorised to access your phone (from the phone's BT menu). Do the same for Comand (UHI).

You can check your phone security settings, I'd try without phone memory protected (phone can be protected, I have it like that).

Once you have the phone connected for calls, dial "0000" and wait if it downloads contacts.

If it still does not work, try with another SIM card and try to update your phone SW (you can do it from your computer).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts