Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a car, 2002 C240, that has the Factory Nokia 6090 Phone installed. I would like to convert it to Bluetooth but I did not find any information on this and would like to know if it is even possible. If not, what is the best way to swap out this system with Bluetooth?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would it work even if I have a phone attached to the system instead of a cradle?

Here is a picture that I found on the web for reference.

Do I first need to replace the phone with a cradle? If so, do you know which one and where I may order one?

Thank you in advance for your help.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Og course it'll work if you connect a phone but then you'd either have to have to different phonenumbers or twin simcards

·
Registered
1 Posts
quite confused

hey guys,

I've done a lot of reading up on this topic on this forum and I think a couple of others too. I must admit there is a lot of jargon being tossed about which tbh goes straight over my head.

for instance UHI and MHI connector, I dont have a clue what they are and what they are and whether my car has it or not.

I have a Mercedes S500 with a Nokia 6090 wired car phone in the front centre armrest.

like the one above.

I initally was considering placing a seperate sim card in the nokia 6090 phone, but after reading up on i stumbled across a possible bluetooth upgrade for it. That wouild save me having 2 numbers, plus i dont have to transfer the number from my phone booth and other advantages too.

However can I upgrade to a bluetooth device and if so what willl i need for my system. Currently as explained I have the Nokia 6090 installed in the front centre armrest. at the end of the curly cord the is a RJ45 type of connector which goes into a socket.

Any Help or advice would be appreciated

Many Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts