Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
CLS 55 AMG, One Day !
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found that when they first start their E55 and its cold in the morning that the supercharger wines loudly ?

I was looking at an 04' E55 with 30K on the clock this morning and when we started it up cold, the supercharger was very noisy, but it went away after about a minute or so

·
Registered
98 C43 99 C240 91 Ranger 90 Ranger 347 Stroker
15 Posts
Yeah that's a normal noise. Think about it, it's basically a race engine in a sedan. I'm suprised at how quiet it is.

·
Registered
19 Posts
tri-star tech said:
Yeah that's a normal noise. Think about it, it's basically a race engine in a sedan. I'm suprised at how quiet it is.
Hey TriStar Tech. What causes the ticking sound that can even be heard when the car is not even fully cold and for the first minute or two of operation, almost sounds like a minor exhaust leak under light/moderate acceleration then it goes completely away when the car is at full operating temp; I notice it if I'm in the left lane close to the median with the window down? I can undestand this to be a valve noise after the car sits overninght until the oil get flowing but if the cars sits for say 3 hours after being at full operating temp it makes the same ticking header leak type sound which goes away after a minute or two of driving and when the temp is back to full operating level. Is this an emissions device, air pump etc possibly supercharger?:confused:

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts