Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
w202 1997 C230 Kompressor
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After replaced a brand new rearview mirror, when I start the car to No. 2 position, I can hear the noise and feel the vibration in the rear view mirror, then after start up the car, no luck, both the noise and vibration is still there in the rearview mirror. I noticed that there is a sensor plug inside the Rearview Mirror Console and I do not have a sun roof and therefore, there is no sensor hooked up there, I think it is normal ( or am I wrong ??? )

Any idea at all what is wrong ???? Will that be :

- related to the steering department at all, like the steering pump ? I checked the steering oil and it is good.
- Associated with a faulty belt tensioner – read that on another forum.
- Faulty new “Rearview Mirror “ ?? – should ruled that out but … Not sure is there any motor inside the console ?
- ……

any ideas at all ??? Thanks guys !

·
Registered
W202 BRABUS
12 Posts
I had that problem with vibration. Open it up and use a glue gun to glue the parts snug together and presto! no more noise.

·
Registered
w202 1997 C230 Kompressor
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
t3t1011 said:
I had that problem with vibration. Open it up and use a glue gun to glue the parts snug together and presto! no more noise.
Thanks and I already did that a couple of weeks ago. Thanks for your input !! The main reason is that I replaced the headliner which I placed about 3mm closer to the end of the car and there leave some space for the vibration and noise; and the second reason is that i broke one of the catch in the vanity lighting unit and now it is a lot better although I can still hear the noise !

Thanks mate !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts