Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 E320 CDI- we have 2 of them
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 96 s600 has a noisy air injection pump. Dealer wants $1600 for the part..
I think the clutch is making the noise. Check engine light on, and dealer said it was because of low air flow from the pump. Any ideas on aftermarket cost?
Do you think it makes sense to find a used on one to put on?
What would a fair labor charge be?
Dealer wants $400. Seems high.
Looking for Indy near Springfield Missouri

·
Registered
SEC 600 V12 2dr COUPE (RHD) One of the chosen few.
2,233 Posts
You can do it yourself.. I think brett knows the answer..

·
Premium Member
SL55, 300SE, GL450, Daytona 955i
10,293 Posts
A used one should do, it doesnt make sense to pay half of what the car worth for an air pump...

·
Premium Member
10,293 Posts
I do believe my car is worth more than the cost of a new pump.
I said half...

Your car is listing these days for 6K, so the dealer pump (2K installed) is 1/3 instead of 1/2 the car...:D

·
Registered
2006 E320 CDI- we have 2 of them
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I said half...

Your car is listing these days for 6K, so the dealer pump (2K installed) is 1/3 instead of 1/2 the car...:D
Maybe that's all there worth in Red Sox country, but in missouri the car is worth around 9500

·
Premium Member
10,293 Posts
Maybe that's all there worth in Red Sox country, but in missouri the car is worth around 9500
KBB prices man, look it up...

Oh and please dont look at the retail price, dealers in perfect market dont even ask the SRP, leave alone the current market and you being a private owner.

·
Premium Member
10,293 Posts
KBB prices man, look it up...
none the less, if your car is worth 2 bucks or 90K, getting a used pump makes more sense, as you can easily get one for 200 bucks or less, meaning you can get 8 of them for the price of a new one, meaning even if the used one gives up on you early, you can still replace it again and pay for the labor, yet save at least a grand.

and as you know, this is a non critical peice and does not cause the car to break down, thus, it can be replaced wherever you have time if it breaks again...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts