Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys im new in here ,I have a 2003 w211 and ive been hearing a noise in the ashtray ive included a pic (not my car but just for description ) also it seems more of a micro electromotor from the noise as compared to a short circuit noise..Thnx in advance :D

Attachments

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,978 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

It's likely an aspirator motor, which circulates cabin air past a sensor for cabin temperature control. These can be removed and cleaned. See the W220 S-Class Encyclopedia Sticky at the top of the W220 forum - it has several links discussing this. I believe the w211 is similar.

·
Registered
3 Posts
CD Changer transport motor

Marlind
I started having the exact same thing on my 2003 W211. The noise you hear is the electric motor of the CD changer that is not cuting-out. It would happen intermitently at first. After a while the lights on the control panel that moves in and out to gain access to the CD changer started flickering and eventually all of those controls stoped working. The motor is now permanently ON :mad: and it killed my battery I now have to remove a fuse every night to keep the battery from being drained overnight. that motor is pretty torkey) I am in the process of replacing the entire assembly (got one on ebay) I will let you know how it goes.
If anyone out there by any chance solved this issue in thier car please let us know how you did it :confused: I will post my results shortly.
Thanks
Luis

1 - 3 of 3 Posts