Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Noise from Dynamic/Massage seats

3253 3
My 2010 S550 has Dynamic/Massage seats. When the massage unit is turned on, there is a short whirring/buzzing noise in both seats that cycles on and off every 10 seconds or so. Obviously it's the mechanism in the seats. But I have had my car 6 months and don't recall hearing the noises when the seat massage was turned on before. Today it was loud enough to hear with the engine and radio turned on. Anyone know if the noises are normal? Seems like it should be dead quiet.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
My 2010 S550 has Dynamic/Massage seats. When the massage unit is turned on, there is a short whirring/buzzing noise in both seats that cycles on and off every 10 seconds or so. Obviously it's the mechanism in the seats. But I have had my car 6 months and don't recall hearing the noises when the seat massage was turned on before. Today it was loud enough to hear with the engine and radio turned on. Anyone know if the noises are normal? Seems like it should be dead quiet.
What happened? Did you get an explanation? I am asking because I have the same problem in our W212. First it was quite, for a year. Now, suddenly it makes a LOT of whirring noises.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.