Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 400 sel and it is making a constant loud nawing noise that seems to be coming from the water pump pulley. I removed the pully and the noise is still there. Sounds really bad. Couls this be an engine mount?

·
Registered
S600L
541 Posts
I had a similar noise to yours and I thought it was the power steering pump.However when the main stealers did my head gasket they found a worn idler pulley!Standing at the front of the car it's on the top left hand side and its about3-4 cm's in diameter - the main serpentine belt runs around it but I don't know if you can see it with all the black covers on(this is for a S600L - other engines will be different).Also I had a 'clonking' noise whilst driving over uneven ground - this was the front right hand side engine mount.They are a type of hydraulic damper and mine had split causing it to knock.Hope this is of some help.[:)]

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My noise seems to be coming from the fan area. I dont know if it is the clutch or the pulley on the water pump. I replace the belt tensioner and that did nothing. When i remove the belt, the noise is gone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts