Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen, I need to ask for your suggestions with the following issue that I recently started to experience with my 2004 ML 350. There are actually a couple things that appear to be somehow related. First, I recently noticed that if I pull off the key not having turned off the headlights the car does not make the warning chiming sound as it used to. Another thing that actually worries me and that I started to notice at about the same time is that when I start the car having first buckled the seat belt the car makes a single warning sound while it used to make no warning sounds if the seatbelt was fastened by the time I turn on the ignition (if the seatbelt is not buckled it would still make multiple chiming warning sounds as usual). Finally, my cigarette lighter is not working (actually it has not been working for quite a while and I did not really care about it so I have never tried to fix it and I am just mentioning it here as another apparently electrical problem). I tried searching this board as well as the WIS for similar symptoms but could not find anything so I am just hoping that perhaps some of you can help me out somehow and suggest what I can do. One thing that happened recently (though I am not sure whether it is related to my current problem or not) was that my radio (and CD changer) stopped working. I was luckily able to resolve that problem by simply replacing the fuse #21, but now I am having another problem (or problems?) apparently related to the vehicle electrical system. I was thinking that perhaps it was another fuse or relay but I could not find a fuse or relay linked to this particular function. In any case I guess it would be too easy if it was again just another fuse and I guess this time the problem is with something else but I just have no idea what it might be and where to start. Also, do you think that I may have some underlying problem with my electrical system that has been causing all these (luckily small so far) issues? I would very much appreciate your suggestions.

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
Is steering wheel locking when you remove key?

Have you checked all fuses using test light? Both fuse boxes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is steering wheel locking when you remove key?

Have you checked all fuses using test light? Both fuse boxes.
Thank you for your reply, Sir. The steering wheel does lock when I remove the key. As to checking the fuses, I just did not know which fuses to check as I could have not found what fuse (or relay?) is linked to my particular problem. I was hoping to figure which one might be a suspect and then simply replace it and see if it helps. In truth, also, I have never had a need to check fuses (or other electrical components) before so I will need to figure how to do a check using a multimeter that I have (or just get a test light which I understand is easy to use). I will then post an update.

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
Forgive me please, for asking you to check fuses and not being precise as to which ones to check. It will not happen again I promise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts