Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked this question in the W163 forum and did search (to no avail). My CD/radio seems to be playing okay but no sound from the speakers. At first startup in the morning the CD/Radio played fine but it did seem like there was some distortion in it... and the bass was "messed" up (basically playing too loud)however later in the day when I started the car there was no sound at all. Through basic reasoning, it appears the amp is shot. I checked all fuses (under dash passenger sides and under the hood)and all fuses are okay. I checked the box under the driver's seat and it only contained a subwoofer. I would like to send the amp in for repair ASAP as I am trying to sell this car. Which leads to a few questions:

- Is there another fuse or relay that may be the culprit of my musicless drive to work that I can check myself? Possibly a fuse behind the head unit?
- Where is the amp? Is it built into the head unit? If so, is the dealership the only place I can get the stereo removal tool?
- After checking the fuses, now my radio asks for a security code....do I need to go to a dealership to get that code or is it somewhere in my manual?

Sorry for so many ?'s but as I mentioned trying to sell this vehicle and I have appointments sets for showing really soon. Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2015 GLA 250, 2001 C 320
784 Posts
The AMP on a 2002 ML is under the drivers side dash. The problem could be with the AMP, the MCS, or one of the F/O cables. Usually if it is a F/O problem it won't gradually get bad ... same as if it was a fuse problem. Methinks you need to take it in to get looked at.

Paul

1 - 2 of 2 Posts