Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Many MBZ, Couple of 911s, couple of pick ups
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have a 2007 GL320 CDI that has worked flawlwess until recently. Twice in the last month I have had episodes of limited throttle response. The engine seems to be limited to bare minimum acceleration and almost no torque.

When I stop the car and turn it off and start it again the problem resolves itself. But now that this occurred more than once I believe this may be the start of something failing.

Does this have anything to do with the throttle modulator?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
30 Posts
next time this happens, try shifting up and down manually with the buttons on the steering wheel. if it doesn't shift, then it's your valve body.

·
Registered
GL320 CDI - 2008, '04 Touareg V10 TDI, '85 Unimog U1700, '83 Mitsubishi 4WD turbodiesel PU
525 Posts
The symptoms are also consistent with boost problems (turbo issues, piping leaks, etc and/or mass air flow measurement problems. None of these will necessarily throw a code a 'limp home' situation almost certainly will throw a MIL.
The fact that they reset when the engine is turned off indicates away from a mechanical problem with the charge air system.

·
Registered
2016 AMG GLA45 Black, 2010 E500 Cabriolet - Tenorite gray/Black Interior, Distronic Plus
170 Posts
Sounds very much like the problem I had with my transmission on my 2007 GL500. Intermittently while driving it would become very sluggish and if you stop and then try to move off (without restarting the engine) it won't want to move at all - forward or backward.

Restarting always fixes it immediately. I even posted a YouTube video on it

Problem for me was a turbine speed sensor on the electroplate of the transmission. The dealer was able to verify it by reading the codes from the transmission. No fault light or error message ever came up when the problems were occurring. If you search for this you'll find it's a common problem with the 722.9 transmission.

The plate can be replaced separate from the valve body but the part was still over $1000.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
10 Mercedes e350, 09 Mercedes GL450, 95 BMW 325IC, 89 Mercedes 260E, 84 Euro Mercedes 300D 4spd
645 Posts
I had exact the same problem when I had my w220 s500,
But the fix was very simple it was bad gas padal, 5 min job
To replace,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Loss of throttle response

This is a common problem on the diesels. Happend to me many times and was getting more frequent, yet the dealer couldnt find a code. Based on the posts on this site, I asked them to change a motor controlling the turbo valve gate and the gate.After a $3000 expense, never happend again

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is a common problem on the diesels. Happend to me many times and was getting more frequent, yet the dealer couldnt find a code. Based on the posts on this site, I asked them to change a motor controlling the turbo valve gate and the gate.After a $3000 expense, never happend again
X2 - Except My bill was around $3300...:(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts