Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 190e 2.6. gold
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:MY 91 2.6 wont fire up. Ive replaced The cap and rotor. And the cps. Im getting a spark from my coil. But not to my plugs. everything seems to be advancing properly. this is all after Ive replaced the water pump and belt tensioner. my buddy mentioned something about the secondary on the coil. More info needed.

·
Registered
'87--190E 2.3-16v(being rebuilt), '99--C230 Kompressor
3,488 Posts
do a continuity check of the wires...are the plug wires in the correct sequence?

·
Registered
91 190e 2.6. gold
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
all the wires are pretty new. couple thousan miles on em... and they are in the corect sequence. i get no spark when i do the screwdriver trick.

·
Registered
1991 190e 2.6 automatic
760 Posts
so you get a spark to the cap and the rotor doesnt receive it? how bright is the spark anyways??

if its dim it cuold be a weak coil

if its bright, i would think its healthy and the rotor is perhaps broken or not the right one or somethign along those lines

·
Registered
'87 190E 2.3 Manual, '81 500SEL 4whl SLS, '91 300SEL
1,757 Posts
weak spark... my buddy said it had to do with the secondary something...hmmm
Sounds like the coil's bad, or you have a bad high-tension lead (from coil to dizzy). I'd check the wire then replace the coil.

·
Registered
1991 190e 2.6 automatic
760 Posts
is the coil wire to the distributer ohm reading just <o.1?
im not 100% but i believe the wire that goes from the coil to the cap is just like a spark plug wire so it should have a resistance of 1000 kohms or something

1 - 9 of 9 Posts