Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Maybe every 20 to 30 starts of my W213 E400, there is no sound from the command system. Navi, radio nor the media no sound, if I put the mute on then off, the sound comes on. I have taken it to the dealer and they cannot make it happen, I cannot imagine that a tech sat there trying to start up the car. Friday it happened again and I drove to the dealer, the service agent saw and heard what was happening. They have kept the car again.

Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have to believe the problem was caused by my iPod Touch. I was able to make the problem occur when iPod was connected and not when disconnected.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a 2017 E300 and have the same problem. Apparently, it's a common occurrence with many E300's. All they say is it needs a software update, but regardless of how many updates the problem still continues. This vehicle has been a disappointment no doubt. Not to change the purpose of this post, but I've had a few repeated issues I've been dealing with. The other issue is how they went to run flats. Defeats the purpose of a car at this class level trying to achieve a smooth ride. Not to mention the tires only last for 15K miles. Never had to put money into a leased vehicle before, but with this E class I've had to. Very disappointing. Somewhat defeats the purpose of a lease.

This is my third E class in the past six year. My lease is up next year-not sure if I'm going to continue with MB or not. Starting to explore other vehicles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
dundermifflin
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing