Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 SLK230 SPORT
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my headunit produces NO SOUND. my car didn't come with the CD magazine so whenever I pressed CD, it would display NO MAGAZINE, and now it says NO CD CHANGER and telephone, it worked before....i can dial and what not but now it says NO TELEPHONE. and ZERO sound coming from the radio which I listen my Ipod through....what isx going on?!

·
Premium Member
ML430
2,662 Posts
Have you installed anything new on the car??

Sounds like a bad HU. But if i was you i would run it to the dealer and get them to check it out. It sounds like there is a problem with the HU. If you have got anything installed on the car recently i would get that checked out. Things behind the unit might not be plugged in.

Good luck!

·
Registered
99 SLK230 SPORT
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
io just posted on the R170 forum as well but i tried to disconnect the battery and then plugging in the code

the phoen was on which meant everything was fine again but the security code that I got from the previous owner was apparently wrong(?) and now the headunit says WAIT all the time. dealer is gonna charge me money out the ass for the new code.... err

·
Premium Member
ML430
2,662 Posts
No he will not. Just call the dealer and say "hey, i need my cd code". And give them the VIN. If they charge you for it. Tell me and i will provide the Raleigh, NC dealer that will do it for free.

Good Luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts